air plugs for ice holes?

• eyeweign
    Ellsworth Ia.

Just wondering if any one has used these. Saw them awhile back, can’t find them now. Put them in the hole and blow them up (with a foot pump) suppose to keep the holes from freezing up. They come either 20″ or 30″ long, and come in 8″ or 10″ for the hole size. Suppose to be able to let the air out take it out and not have to redrill holes the next day.

Thanks,
    Frank

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

nope… have heard of ice plugs for air-holes though… (hmmm… maybe that wasn’t ‘air’ holes…. )

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Ive heard of them before. I found one on the lake one time, and instead of keeping it overnight and trying it, I just gave it to the bait shops lost and found. Let me know if these work.

blufloyd

Balloon and plastic tube ought to work. but why? It ain’t that hard to pop new holes.

DONOTDELETE

I had some and they worked. But if you have a gas auger it’s not much if any of an advantage. One good thing about them is keeping minnows alive. Get one of those cylindrical screw top minnow buckets and attach it to the bottom of your hole saver. I have gone 2 weeks and not lost a minnow.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

blufloyd~
    Some fishermen want to limit the level of disturbance to a minimum and thus is where these type of devices come into play.. I dont use them since I cannot leave a house out on these lakes I fish without coming back out with it vandalised or stolen..
    So I am a portable kinda guy..

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just threw one out last week. Had it 15 years and never used it. It was time to go.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Haven’t used them but a buddy of mine has made the Heat Pumps made from StrikeMaster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.