Otter Wilderness Series

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The lighter weight makes them easier to drag long ways early or with lots of snow. Also nice when loading in the truck by yourself. Less expensive as well. I used one last year with no issues.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I tried the Perch and the Walleye last year…thay are GREAT !! the light weight make the Walleye series real easy to tote around and pop in the back of a truck( Or Jimmy)

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

Was the canvas or cover thinner? Like the frabill?

fish2live
    hampton,mn

the canvas is thinner than the otter lodge but, makes up for it by being black. i have the northern and love it. a buddy of mine has the lodge and likes mine better because of the lighter weight. the tub is thinner but, if you use hyfax i don’t think you would ever ware it out.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Was the canvas or cover thinner? Like the frabill?

More or less, yes. It is of a lighter nature, and like what was said above it is for the ease of dragging. Many of the guys who pull Otter’s with wheelers or snowmobiles opt for the canvas versions because they are more robust and durable. I would recommend the Hyfax runners on any and all of the sleds. Otter products are extremely well made, and I am sure you would be very happy!

scottsteil
    Central MN

This is my first year running Otter houses. So far, I have nothing but good things to say about them. I run the heavier duty models because of the abuse I put them through on Mille Lacs. I know for one thing, that over 500 pounds of gear can fit in one while towing…well, part of that weight was Holst, so I suppose 200 pounds of gear

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.