Rush lake update

• schlankki
    otsego, mn

I just got off of west rush Ice ranges from 1.5- 5 inchs. two thirteen year old found out were the 1.5 inchs of ice was when they put there snowmobile in the drink. The thin ice is at the south end of wilson island and out by crane island use caution please. Around 3:30 a four wheeler and a three wheeler with a permanent started to drive by use until i jumped out and yelled at them. they were heading to the same area were the kids put the snowmobile in. At the time the guy said he drilled a hole at the launch and said there was 5.5 inchs and thats plenty of ice. So when i told him he stopped on 4 inchs of ice he turned around and headed for cigar island. what a dumb . For the fishing part started fishing around 7:45 and at 6:30 the fishing was great all day size onthe smaller side kept 2 8 inch sunnys and 3 10 inch crappies. As i was using my reel weeds i hooked up with a big eye the fight ended when the fish was three feet from the hole and he made a run and my 2# ice line touched the edge and there he was gone. The same thing happened to thin ice later in the day. tomorrow i will be using cable adn a winch for those hogs . 28 to 38 feet was what we were targeting for pans. The eyes were mixed in with them. Majority of the fish came on euro larva with a fiskas jig glow and gold genz worm Including the two eyes that broke our hearts . Thin ice kept 1 eye one eye 1 sun and 3 crappies. I will be out again on sat morning with thin ice trying to chase some bigger crappies and to wage war on those eyes . until than everyone please be save and check your ice. no fish is worth losing a live over.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

i cant wait till saturday, ill be running more walleye rods and heavyer line that is for sure. that walleye destroyed my gamma 2lb.i gotta catch a limit cause the fish from today went to my grandpa but i can always get more.

shayla

Glad to hear fishing was good, but I gotta wonder…who in the heck lets their 13-yr. old take the snowmobile out on the ice this early in the season??? That’s just STUPID.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.