vexilars at cabelas

• schlankki
    otsego, mn

Get them while there HOT HOT HOT FL 12 AND FL 20 im very excited to use my fl 20 this year bring on the ice

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

how much are they? i just checked them out on vexilar website and they look so sweet!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

They also sell marcums, do all yourselves a favor and skip to the best, marcum. Use one compare them for the day, you’ll never want to go back, though I do see vex is trying to keep up

schlankki
    otsego, mn

FL 20s run 479.99 for 9 12 19 degree and 549.99 dual beam. FL 12s run 359.99 for 9 12 19 degree and 419.99 dual beam.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

How ever we dont have any marcums in at this time, i am working on getting them ordered but may be a few weeks

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

How ever we dont have any marcums in at this time, i am working on getting them ordered but may be a few weeks

What!!!!????? Get those babies stacked on the shelves.
    She’ll be along winter without a MarCum!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thin-ice, where do you work at?

schlankki
    otsego, mn

thin ice and i both work at cabelas with calvin. thin ice works in the archery department and i work in the fishing department calvin works in the marine department.

DSchuss

FYI,FL12 Pro PackII are $329.99, Ultra Pack FL12 are $359.99. FL20 PRO Pack II is $449.99 & the FL20 Ultra Packs are $479.99. Dual beam transducers are more.We have had them in at Scheels in Eau Claire for a month and are waiting for the Marcums to ship in three weeks.Yes, it is that time of year.Most of the ice gear will be set in the next month.Stop in and see me. I love to talk fishin!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

For the guys working at Cabelas and Marble-eye, what are your thoughts on the FL-20 so far?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

thin ice and i both work at cabelas with calvin.

Sorry to hear that,….Best of luck in the future

scottsteil
    Central MN

I got to play with the FL-20 the other day. It does not compare with the LX-5 in my opinion, but I did like some things about it. I liked the bigger screen and the flat screen concept (I think). In addition I like the fact that you can dim the the lights. Being able to dim the light will be a nice night feature.

I did notice it does not come with the Bottom Lock feature anymore. The same feature that the Vexilar users were saying was SO important to have and I never used when I ran Vexilar. Maybe it is an option, but the unit I have does not have it on.

A couple things I didn’t like was that the unit I was using either had segments missing or the flat screen is not compressing light. There were many black lines in between the color lines. I am not sure if it was actual segments missing or that since the screen is now flat you don’t get compressed view of what you are seeing. If this is how they all are, other will notice this immediately.

They also didn’t seem to quiet the unit down at all. When run side by side with the LX-5 it was still noticeably louder.

The other thing I didn’t like was the price for the dual beam package. I thought the LX-5 at $479 was pretty steep for a flasher but $549 for the FL-20 with a dual beam I can’t see people paying $70 more for that unit.

I have not been able to run both units on the ice side by side, but that will happen by Thanksgiving

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Where did you find ice so early scott? Or was your field testing done at the store?

I’m also looking foward to getting the LX-5 and FL-20 side by side this winter.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

I have not been able to run both units on the ice side by side, but that will happen by Thanksgiving

Read it again smart guy

DSchuss

The FL20 does not have bottom lock and is not a feature that you can get it with.That remains a feature only on the FL18. Haven’t had a chance to get the 20 out,not until first ice! It will be very popular as many people are stopping in to see it.The additional zoom feature will be nice.Looks like a fun ice season is right around the corner.But,many eyes to be caught before then as the fall eyes are heating up!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

So you can’t zoom in the bottom on the fl-20?

If this is true, what good is it?

Thats a great feature for fishing walleyes close to the bottom.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yes, the FL-20 has a lower 12 foot bottom zoom which is all you need. Vexilar invented this technology.

cny tim
    Rome, NY

In the past you guys said the FL-18’s 6′ zoom was all your gonna need?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Now your taking words out of context. Let me state what Ive always said in the past. BOTTOM ZOOM is all you need.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

i work in the fishing department full time but in archery during the fall,shawn failed to mention that

DSchuss

Bottom lock is a feature only the Fl 18 has. It has nothing to do with zoom. It a feature you will only use on your boat.What it does is lock your bottom bar in so it doesn’t bounce up and down as your boat does in the waves.The FL 20 does not have this feature. The FL 20 has a 6 foot or 12 foot zoom.That is bottom zoom.The Fl 20 & 12 also have a 20 foot low power mode button. Should be a fun ice season lots of fun stuff!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

A Cablea rep told me they are not carrying Marcum anymore.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

as of right now that is true but i wont let that continue, im doing everything i can to get a push through right now for at least the marcum flashers. The rogers store will have them before the ice is on dont worry

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’ve got good news for IDA members. Thanks to a little encouragement from Scott, Jolly Ann Marine will be carrying Marcum this season. With Marcum joining the IDA sponsorship team, it was a no-brainer. So, whether your a Vexilar guy or a Marcum guy, or even a Lowrance ice machine guy, we’ve got you covered.

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

I got my first look at the new FL-12 & FL-20 at Cabelas in Owatonna this past Saturday…….I’ve got one word to describe them…..SWEET!! I didn’t think I would want to upgrade just yet, but after seeing them first hand my thought process is changing.

Chad

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Quote:

A Cablea rep told me they are not carrying Marcum anymore.

Any reason why?

p.s……Reeds has the FL-12 & FL-20 on their website now.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

I’ve got good news for IDA members. Thanks to a little encouragement from Scott, Jolly Ann Marine will be carrying Marcum this season. With Marcum joining the IDA sponsorship team, it was a no-brainer. So, whether your a Vexilar guy or a Marcum guy, or even a Lowrance ice machine guy, we’ve got you covered.

Well there ya go, an perfect choice.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

little late, but sportsmans warehouse in woodbury has the fl12, fl20, fl8, and fl18 all in stock.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.