New flasher by Nature Vision

• csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Has anyone heard/seen anything on the new flasher Nature Vision is working on?

cny tim
    Rome, NY

Nice Chad… Sounds like you got your discount… I heard Nature Vision was coming out with a unit last season but nothing since. What do you know?

scottsteil
    Central MN

I have not seen it personally, but I heard it is not a flasher. It is a Liquid Crystal vertical bar graph. It is not a color unit, monochrome would be the best way to describe it. Black segments indicate the bottom, fish, or bait. It is not a flasher nor circular in nature. It’s more like the Lowrance in graph mode.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Kinda like the old Zercom RTS.

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Interesting…..I wonder what their selling point is going to be?

Tim…still waiting for the discount

cny tim
    Rome, NY

DJ – I am remember that Zerc RTS unit from that In- Fish Ice Tech video Stange, Lindner and Hoffman did while fishing cats. Never saw one on the ice though. Can you get Chad a discount? CSP bleeds Vex for as long as I can remember he is very loyal and does a few tricks as well

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Quote:

CSP bleeds Vex for as long as I can remember he is very loyal and does a few tricks as well

Tim…..sure seems like the pot painting the kettle black

BTW……Thanks for contributing some useful information to my post………Have a great day

scottsteil
    Central MN

Chad, not sure what their selling point is going to be. I have a feeling they are just trying put something out there to diversify their line a little more. I am sure they are betting on the fact that people use the Lowrance units in graph mode, maybe they think they can get a little of that market share. I don’t know….not something I would buy as a consumer.

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

New unit

Not what I was expecting. It will be interesting to see if it really takes off.

Chad

scottsteil
    Central MN

That is the same unit I saw. Like I said, it is like using the Lowrance unit in Graph mode. Certainly not a Cadillac, but I don’t think that was their intention, more trying to fill a price point and diversify their line.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

It looks like it is the same thing as a Vex or Marcum, instead of a rotatary needle, it is a vertical digital graph. Basically similar to the Lowrance running in flasher mode if the flasher was just vertical instead of cylindrical.

I think it may be a simple, good idea.

I sometimes run my X67C in Graph mode. I like it sometimes because I can see the history of the fish movement. I don’t think this unit you would be able to see that.

DSchuss

It’s called VPG [Vertical Pixel Graph] Lcd screen with built in ice mode so it is not affected by the cold temps.I guess the idea is that it is easy to read and use.It has 600 vertical pixels and they boast less than one-half inch target separation.Retail will be $229.99.Could be a difficult sell with all the color flashers at similar retails now.

lookin4fish

i would love to get this for my girlfriend. when i fish with her i never get to use my vex because she is always using it. i spend most of my time explaining it to her but she is now catching on. this unit looks like it would be great for the person not use to vex or others with all the other modes. when someone posted earlier that is was going to be cheaper, i was excited till i saw the later price of around 229. for that, she will end up with a vex because i have had such great luck with them, i dont se any reason to change. if they drop the price by $100, making it $129, i would be sold. but i dont see that hapening.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.