Innovative Idea!!

• theduck

I have an idea that I think could really help under water camers users. I want to be able to maybe patent my idea or get involved with the process in adding it as a feature to the existing cameras. Who do I need to contact and how do I go about getting recognition for it if is an idea that can be used? I am hoping that someone form here will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

the better half
    Champlin, MN

I work for a Intellectual Property law firm. If you are interested in getting a Patent, we could help you out. Send me a PM and I will give you the address to our website. You can also check out the U.S. Patent Office’s website (www.uspto.gov) for information.

theduck

I am in the very early stages of getting this thing out there. I do not even know if there is such a product or if I am infringing on someone elses product. I just need to know what direction to go form here.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Just be sure to keep the details under your hat until you have a patent.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Paul;

Don’t worry about infringing on anything. You will need a patent lawyer to make this happen anyway, and they will do the digging to find that out.

Having said that the very first thing you should do is as follows.

from work, or another address than you home, send yourself a letter, with you idea (in detail) and a design or something. Give as much detail as possible. The reason for doing this is so that if it comes down to you and someone else having the same Idea, you will be able to prove you had it first because of the date is was stamped by the post office. Oh, Yeah. When your letter arrives at home, DO NOT OPEN IT!!! Put it in a nice safe place. Good Luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.