Prior lake bite

• Lardy
    SDSU via Savage, MN

I hit up prior lake a few times this week and the fishing was dead. I was fishing anywhere from 13 to 20 feet of water it didnt look like anyone else had luck either. I was thinking that this warm weather would have made the fish more active but maybe not. Has anyone else had any luck? Or maybe I need to find some deeper water and give it a shot.

prieser
    Byron, MN

There is probably too much oil and gas in the water for the fish to be hungry.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

We were out christmas eve. Caught 3 eyes out of 16 to 18 ft. All were taken on fat head under a float. The bite was slow and the were picky.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I was out on the 23rd. Even though it was a Friday there were about 1000 guys out there. The only action I got was when I moved away from the crowds. During the day all I caught was small Perch. Around dusk the Sunfish started coming through and some of them were pushing 8 inches, pretty nice! They were very pooky however. Any movement of the jig and they were gone. I had the rod in a rod holder and just watched the spring bobber for any movement. I did try a jigging Rapala with a minnow head on it for a while but no Walleyes. This all happened near the island in 14 feet of water.

Rootski

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.