Winnie

• 3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

Any word on Winnie ice conditions? Going up on the 1st for a couple days. Hoping to drive out as I have no 4 wheeler or sled. I heard that no plows ae going out as of now. Is this true?

scottsteil
    Central MN

I keep pretty close tabs on Winnie and I haven’t heard anything good yet. Both from the fishing and about the ice. I heard small trucks getting out a few miles but no plowing or anything yet.

Fireball

There is a report of only 10″ of ice out further. center bar area.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I have to echo the above. We were planning to hit Winnie on the way to LOW, but decided to pass. 10-11″ is what I heard with as little as 8″.

3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

Thanks guys. If you hear anything in the next few days, would you drop a line? Thanks

Mike S

Went out of Nodaks this past weekend. The roads were plowed out to center bar. We only went out to the first hump and had about 15 to 20″ of ice. Pulled a house out and there was lots of other houses out. Didn’t have much luck fishing but was fun to get out. There is a pressure ridge but the road goes around.

jp_mason
    Onalaska, WI

Any updates on Winnie? I have a trip planned for 9-Feb and a little worried about the ammount of ice that may, or may not be there. Been going for the past 7 years and have never seen a year like this. If anyone can keep us posted that would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Here is the latest report from High Banks Resort.
    web page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.