ice on Prior

• dallgood
    Savage,MN

Drove down to the beach by the launch after work today to check out the ice. To my surprise their was five other people doing the same! One guy was out GINGERLY walking around but I didn’t give it a try. The word was 2-3 clear inches around but not ready yet around the island and in the current. There was one permanant house on the beach ready to go! we’re almost there

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Dang!!!!!!

I really would have thought the ice would have been thicker due to the cold snap……..

This guy here isn’t comfortable on 3″!!!!!!! I’ll keep waiting!!!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

This guy here isn’t comfortable on 3″!!!!!!! I’ll keep waiting!!!!

I’m nervous when there is 4″ of good ice… I start to get comfotable at 6″-8″ of ice… then the *thin spot* is usually 4″.

I can swim like a fish.. but if its under my control, I will stick to tropical water temps!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

People have to stay off the ice untill it is good enough, and right now, it isn’t good enough!!!!!!!!

It isn’t worth dying for a few fish, get the boat out and go to the river this weekend, since the weather is going to be nice!!!!!

dallgood
    Savage,MN

you are probably right Gary. I’m off tomorrow and was hoping to get out on the ice but it just isn’t worth it. I’ll probably drive around and scout out the conditions on a few smaller south metro lakes

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Make sure you leave the fishing equipment at home. If you are anything like me, and go scouting with the equipment in the back of the truck, I end up doing more than scouting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.