Bald Eagle or White Bear?

• TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Any ice reports or fish stories?

col._klink
    St Paul

Bald Eagle we were catching some huge 6″ crappies

Kinda a waste of time. On WBL the walleyes are biting. If you found them in the fall they are there. I wll tell you I was fishing in 26′ and we were on a point. That is about all I can say.

Good Luck

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

How much ice was on WBL? It is not the easiest lake to catch walleyes on, but I’ve had some real good luck keying on rock on outside weed edges.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Thank you for the report and I understand.
    Can you tell how thick the ice was where you were at?
    Thank you and keep pounding them!

FishHead
    ST Paul

I was out on bald eagle Sunday on the north end ice was 5″ where it was solid,3″ in some slushy spots. I caught alot of sunnies about 10 fat ones for the frying pan, and a few little crappies.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Mark, I haven’t fished the north end before. Can you park somewhere up there and walk out? Thanks for the report!

mkanderle

As you take a left off of 61 to get to the boat landing, keep going straight, rather than turning left as you would on your way to the park. This road heads straight for a 1/4 mile or so and then curves right. Park right after it curves and there’s a public path that leads down to the north end of the lake…there’s usually quite a few cars parked there this time of year. Apparently people think there are fish on those subtle 10′ humps on the north end

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the info pimpwitalimp!

lunker651
    Twin Cities, MN

I was fishing B-E this past weekend(1-7-06), there were alot of people, we couldn’t find a parking near the boat launch. The ices were in 8-10″ where we were at. My brothers and I caught our limit for crappies, there was alot of small ones but kept the 9″- 11″ ones. My bro also caught a 23″ eye and a 30″ nothern with his tip-up. Great day fishing.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

That is an awesome day for BE!!!!!!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Congrats on the good fishing lunker651. I usually never get any crappies over 9 out there. A nice walleye and northern to boot!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.