Braid line colour

• Michelle1969
    NULL

What colour braid do you use and why? I’ve seen red,blue, yellow, pink wont the fish see this easy.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Me personally, I am transitioning over to high-vis yellow on most of my rods. I panfish a lot, and do the walleye, less frequent bass fishing as possible if on the right water.

I started using braid on all my rods years ago. Power Pro green. With vision being more of an interest, I see no downside in the yellow, and it helps with pretty much all my fishing. I use a leader often, but at times on certain water, I doubt it matters… all depending on how and where I am fishing.

Two of the rods I toss cranks on the most (still spinning) have moss green, I think 15 or 20#. There I often use no leader.

I also use heavier line now… started with 5 – 8# on everything, now I have at least 8 even on my panfishing rods, usually the take off line from bigger jigging spools. I think a couple have 10#, and I see no problem with it. Better in brush or snaggy stuff, and just easier working with once broken in a bit.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I’ve use Red power pro, moss green, and Hi-vis yellow…If I’m casting, I usually tie to a 12″ leader. If I’m using is for trolling cranks or rigs, I also use a F-carbon leader, and length is seldom less that 24″…

briansmude

I personally use moss green or timber brown but I have heard of a lot of guys using hi vis yellow and using a black sharpie to darken the last two feet.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

You guys need to showe how you troll cranks on ice

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

colour

Canada eh?

turkeynate
    Iowa

I fish 832 ice braid in both white and hi vis neon. No leader needed. Catch plenty of fish without it but if you are nervous about it put a section of Fluoro on.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I run 6lb or 10lb braid on almost all my setups. I do run a 8lb floro leader on all set ups. I mainly do this with a swivel to elimate line twist as well as if theres any doubt I know I have floro on there so the fish are not seeing the line. – QB

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

I use Hi-Viz with a fluoro leader when fishing Jigs, T-Rigs, and Wacky Rigs. For Frogs I to Moss Green Direct.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

When Cajun Braid sold out, I stocked up. Love the stuff. I keep it treated with Reel Magic and its been durable and lasting multiple years for me. The dark red has faded to a red/pinkish-red and I have noticed little to no avoidance by fish. I run a floro leader 24-30″ in clear water and direct in stained/dirty water.

I have the HiVis yellow Power Pro on a couple Musky rods and a couple medium heavies for Pike/slop bass. No problems there either.

Back in the 80’s, the Trilene Solar XT HiVis green formula was a very soft durable mono. I used that in gin clear lakes and never had a problem with fish spooking. So I don’t shy away from the HiVis lines at all.

Michelle1969
    NULL

Thanks for the reply folks, I’m going to try it out.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I use the white fireline for ice fishing and the smoke or gray for summer fishing.

Al Case

Quintin, are you using 8lb floro for all panfish, too?

milemark_714

Hi-vis yellow PP.I have the moss green that I never use.Too hard to see at night.Never had problems with it fishing the river,even when tied direct.

saugerslayer

X2 on the hi vis yellow power pro. I’ve been using it for a couple years now and love it. I always tie direct.

Jrootham
    NULL

I use my camera 90% of the time I am pan fishing. I tried the super lines tied directly to my tiny jig and they appeared to have a cable attached to them. They were VERY evident. I got some bites anyway as sunnies were pretty aggressive but didn’t dare try it on an off day when the bites are more subtle, so went to a light mono leader ever since.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.