sturgeon bay

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I spent the weekend on sturgeon bay with 35 guys from another forum. It was a much different experience than fishing pool 13 of the river

The first day my dad and I had a great day. We were the only guys to get our limit of whites. Most of them were 18″+ I also caught my first ever ellpout. It was a ton of fun on a ice rod in 70′ of water. For the last 2 hours the guides set some of us up on a walleye spot of the evening bite. We set up in 35′ of water and right away I marked fish. Finally got one to hit and it ended up being a whitefish oh well! My dad also got a white and no one else ended up with any fish.

Yesterday was slower, we quit at 11 and we had 8 fish. It was still the most of any of the groups at that time.

It was fun and I am glad we made the trip.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Sounds like fun. Many of the guys I have spoken or touched base with say the Walleye bite is really a hit or miss one, this time of the year in particular. Still have to try, but….

Where did you fish out of, and how was travel?

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Not sure where we go on the ice. We had to drive something like 5 miles on the ice to get to the spot.

Guides said it was one of the slowest weekends this year.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Heading up there this weekend for a whitefish/walleye combo trip on Saturday afternoon. Hope to have some fun.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Good luck on your trip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.