Split grip reel wraps?

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

So i should have a tucr presicion noodle sitting on the porche when i get home and i was wondering how do u get the little green rings that hold reels on on to a split grip??

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

You’ll need a castration band “applicator.” Tractor Supply or Fleet Farm should carry them. For my non-split grip rods I use a small cut off funnel, but that isn’t long enough to work on the split grip.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I used a long needle nose pliers with the castrating bands
    Spread it open with the band on the end and roll the band off the tip of the pliers onto the handle

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

cut off the end of a transmission funnel , be sure to NOT cut off too short tho ,roll them right on

You can also set in hot water for a bit ,pull one out and roll it right on,.

I have done this both ways

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

You’ll have to use a big pliers to get the bands on a split grip handle the funnel doesnt work for that.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

You’ll have to use a big pliers to get the bands on a split grip handle the funnel doesnt work for that.

My funnel does

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Sallies I just used my fingers and pulled bands open and worked them on.

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

The funnel tool I got with my cold snap rings didn’t work for the split grip. It wasn’t long enough to clear the gap. Good strong fingers did the trick…

r55945

I roll them from the funnel onto a vacuum cleaner hose wand. Slips over any handle to put them where you need.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.