Lx 5 question

• ozzyky
    On water

This weekend I lost bottom contact with my 5 about a hour into trip and started getting lots of clutter on occasion no matter what ir setting. Would still pick up bait but wasn’ t usable. Switched battery no luck. Connections to unit seem fine to. Suggestions?

Travisroell
    West Bend, WI

How old is it? My guess would be your transducer took a crap I believe that is what happened when mine went a few years ago.

bigpike

If the bottom of the transducer got iced up that can cause interference. If not I would guess you need a new transducer

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Had my neighbor out with me last year that had the same problem. He was convinced he needed a new transducer. I looked down his hole and his transducer ws laying aginst the side of the hole. Had him drop his transducer below the hole and bam problem solved. That was on a old FL-8. Not saying you don’t know what to do but sometimes it’s just simple things that we overlook.

ozzyky
    On water

Sounds like a new ducer then. That sucks its only 3 years old. When friends go that don’t have a flasher I let them use my fl 8. 14 years old same ducer and brushes still.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.