Marcum Lx7 – First Impression

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

This is why I knew I shouldn’t post an honest opinion. I said I liked the marcum too. If you are looking for another round of one bashing the other, your not going to get it with me.

tucrs
    NW Metro

As far as the glare on the Marcum screen makign it hard to see. I found a cheap and easy solution.

I took a Anti-glare screen protector from my stash of them for the tablet and cut it to fit. It works amazing. Cuts the glare down when fishing midday.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

As far as the glare on the Marcum screen makign it hard to see. I found a cheap and easy solution.

I took a Anti-glare screen protector from my stash of them for the tablet and cut it to fit. It works amazing. Cuts the glare down when fishing midday.

Did you install on the screen or on the snow shield?

Thanks for the idea!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

TUCR’s

I’m not talking about glare. My photo-gray glasses get so dark it makes it very hard to see the stuff on the screen. I don’t know if it is because how dark they get or something to do with how they get dark due to the photo-gray process. When they get real dark they also change the color of thing a little.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

TUCR’s

I’m not talking about glare. My photo-gray glasses get so dark it makes it very hard to see the stuff on the screen. I don’t know if it is because how dark they get or something to do with how they get dark due to the photo-gray process. When they get real dark they also change the color of thing a little.

Steve
    If my glasses are like yours they literally get too dark in bright light and cold weather. The photo grey becomes stronger in colder temperatures and bright light. Mine are almost black. But during the summer months they don’t get dark enough.
    I have resorted to prescription sun glasses. I just bump up the back light and I’m OK. Maybe if I have the sun at my back hitting the screen it maybe a little more difficult to view the screen on the LX7

But the photo grey’s get too dark for me in the bright and cold

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

John
    I actually purchased custom cut non glare protectors off the web. But the screen is so big on the LX7 that I could not get the air bubbles out. I hate putting those protectors on. Some people can get it right the first time I just cant get the air bubbles out.

I am guessing you put it on the screen it self and not the snow screen?

shaley
    Milford IA

I dont use the sheild and just turn up the backlight when outside, I ditched my fancy darkening glasses as they were to dark on the ice and distorted, I just wear polorized over my RX….

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Bob,
    You know just what I am talking about. I think that might be the only solution. They do get darker when it is cold, don’t know why. Thanks for reply.

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

ocean i sent a PM to you about the lx7

tucrs
    NW Metro

I put it on the actual unit. It is hard to get the bubbles out. I used a credit card to put it on. It works pretty well and has been on for 2 years on my LX7.

Cuts that blinding light down in March.

Quote:

Quote:

Did you install on the screen or on the snow shield?

Thanks for the idea!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.