Vexilar battery

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

Just heard that you can charge a vex battery with a car battery charger such as a shumacher charger or the likes of. Is that possible ?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

2 amp or less using an automatic charger is best

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Quote:

How do you charge a 12v battery from a 12v battery?

I know they sell this… for powering your unithttp://www.fishusa.com/Product/Vexilar-12-Volt-Power-Cord-

I’m not talking from battery to battery, I’m talking a charger you would use to charge an automobile battery, 120 volt charger, not an ac adapter that you plug in to a cigarette lighter.

BBKK
    IA

Ahh, I see. Yeah you can do it, the battery will tell the unit when its full and won’t accept any more juice. You will run the risk of blowing the battery if the charger is not a smart charger and shuts itself off. Doesn’t take long for one to overheat. Plus the faster you throw amps in it, the less capacity it holds. You’ll get a better charge by using a 1 amp charger than you would a 10 amp. But the 10 amp will be 10 times faster of course.

If you are in a pinch, you can do it.. just keep an eye on it. If not, then don’t risk it. Buy a battery tender jr.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

yes you can there basically the same as a motorcycle battery just use the automatic 2 amp setting or a battery maintainer that you would use to keep batteries from getting low in the winter on stored vehicles also works.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Got it, thank you all for your input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.