Heavier Lure Line

• tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Hi Guys,

Wondering what line (#/type) y’all have been using for jigging heavier lures such as rippin’ raps, heavy spoons, blades, etc. At present, I have some PLine 8# flourocarbon ice line on my TUC Precision, paired with a Shimano 500. I’m even using a swivel, but it seems that the line is already stiff and twisted, and really not in good shape. I’ve fished with it quite a bit already this season, and I just put it on in mid-November Thanks!

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Depending what you are fishing for and Trophy potential I would say you are to heavy. I rarely go heavier then 6# mono,floro on anything. Will go to a heavier braid if running as a main line.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

I use 8 pound 832 ice braid most of the time and seem to like it a lot with the heavier lures. Especially when fishing outside its nice to have a heavier line because you can be a little more rough with it when removing ice etc.

duke.harbaugh

very happy with the suffix 832 in 6 pound for jigging raps, blades, and darters.

matt

6lb. Suffix Seige,with my spare spool spooled with 8lb. if the situation calls for it.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Use an ice braid for the mainline. And use the p-line for a leader after the swivel. Less line stretch, more sensitivity, and a lot more durable whenn it comes to removing ice build up as Grant stated!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Same as above – Braid main/barrel/ floro or mono

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.