Wheel house- Pros & Cons All Makes

• wallster
    Austin, MN

I’m looking at buying a wheel house. Looking for something 16-20ft. Four guys. Door for a wheeler???? I will be using it for deer hunting and some summer time use also. I would like to know what guys like, what they dislike about their houses. I know there are a lot of different brands out there. Im hoping to see some at the sports show this weekend. I know I should have went to the ice show but I was Fishing, plus I didn’t have any intentions of buying a wheel shack at the time. Fill me in on what I should look for. Thanks
    Wallster ><((((>

mn-z
    Stark, MN

I have a 14′ Ice Cabin so I can only speak for them. I like it as it has electric jacks and I never have to crank. I like that it is made by a camper company so it feels a lot like a summer camper and not a fish house. I also like the rubber floor. I like that it is 8′ wide inside and not 6 1/2 like some. I don’t like how the table is (kinda cheap) and it is extremely hard to pull with an ATV the way thr front electric jack sits. Overall I am happy with it. I wish I would have got a little bigger as they get small inside quickly with guys and gear. Just my 2cents.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Look at getting chains and a plow for your rig, unless you plan on paying a resort to plow you a spot. You’ll still need chains to get off the ice if it snows a good amount and or the wind kicks up. I personally believe (keep in mind you asked for pro’s and con’s) the small single axle’s aren’t made to haul that amount of weight all over the place nor were intended for both summer and winter use. They are nice to have and if built right you’d be extremely happy in one ice fishing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.