Quick Sodak UpDATE

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Well with bitter cold temps and a day off from work I have some time to sit and write a short note from South Dakota. The end of this past week gave us one short half day of decent weather between two massive cold fronts. Friday started with winds out of the south at 30 mph and bitter cold temps. As the day wore on the wind started to switch the temperature rose and the barometer plummeted and the fish responded well

Cal’s family was out at the place and they worked hard to find some fish. I was on call for work but snuck out for an hour to join them. Perch were relating to 23-25 fow depths and were schooled up nicely. When they came in you were able to ice a few to several before the school moved on. I was fishing a VMC rattle spoon 1/8oz in size in glow red with a 1/32 oz pugbug with a few spikes as my deadstick line. I got that call from work that said I should be ready so had to sit out the evening bite and head for home. The guys moved some more and managed a few eyes and some more perch. A fun “short” day on the water for me and a long “hard earned” day on the water for them.
    – Special thanks to Jerry, Randy, Tim, Dennis, and Ryan for putting in the auger time and man hours to figure out a good perch bite when the weather was not exactly ideal. Come back soon guys. Attached is a picture I snapped of the first few that came topside for me. Stay warm and safe – QB

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Nice fish QB…

Look, a dancing banana for you!

nug
    central iowa

Sweet perch Quintin…

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

How’s the ice conditions out there? Any slush on top, can you drive out with 4X4 trucks or should a person bring a sled?

My GF and I are looking to take a trip the end of the month, not sure we want to drive that far but I might be able to talk her into it. She hates long drives.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Right now guys are getting along well with trucks, but wind blows most everyday so some accesses can quickly become socked in. Lot of guys are bring sleds or tracks for insurance. If you go slow and weave your way out you can avoid the drifts. No slush that I have noticed, – QB

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Thanks QB!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.