Bemidji Area Report…

• jrholland93

Let’s start off with some ice reports… Lake Bemidji is mostly cinched up. I did find 2 good slush pockets running the sled on Sat. I would guess that this -50 degree snap will finish those off as well. Still seeing variable ice thicknesses on Bemidji, with as little as 12.5″ in spots, and as much as 22″ on plowed areas.

Fishing on Bemidji was absolutely fantastic until the wind switched and we went into the deep freeze. One group of renters reported non-stop action, and we had a great night on the sled last week as well, putting hooks to limits and some ‘pout. Now it’s more difficult, but everyone is still catching something. Friday was tough, with renters reporting 3 walleyes, 5 walleyes, and 7 walleyes in the 24 hour period, with some of them being little tikes. With some stable weather, I expect fishing to get back on track.

Smaller lakes vary. Some are like skating rinks, as the snow sucked up all of the slush/water and froze solid. Others are still holding some pockets of slush, which are hidden by a layer of crust on top. Be careful on some of the smaller lakes, especially the spring fed buggers!

Panfishing has been stellar when a guy can get out. The brutal cold makes hole hopping an arduous task. Once you locate a pod of fish, you can sure hunker over them and make hay though.

The weekend ahead looks beautiful. Can’t wait to feel my fingers again!

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Nice report Matt.

I love Bemidji. Someday I’d like to live there.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Quote:

Nice report Matt.

X2!!!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Heading up that way in February for some fishing at Portage, can’t wait.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Quote:

Nice report Matt.

i couldn’t agree more, I just need to convince the gf of that

jrholland93

If our town had manufacturing or large business to drive up the wages, it would be heaven!

Looks like they’re talking close to 30 degrees this weekend… should be a good one!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Nice report Matt.

i couldn’t agree more, I just need to convince the gf of that

Built a lake home just south of Bemidji two years ago and moving there in four years, can’t wait!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.