Plastics – Ready to join the club

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ok after reading all the post lately on fishing plastics for panfish I and ready to give it a try. Other than those made by Trigger X what other brands are you using? What are the best color choices to start with? Where do most of you end up purchasing them from? Doing a quick online search I found some real good looking plastics at C and S custom jigs.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sweet Potato mudbug has been a killer on pool 8 this year. You can find them on line at B-YBaits.com I also like the mayfly. Both are realistic looking creatures. Their baits are also scented. Copper and red have also been some good colors for me. The white blood worm on a slender spoon caught some dandy perch this last weekend also.
    Good luck and don’t give up. Once you have your confidence built up you will not look back. The other nice thing about plastic, you don’t waste any time sorting out the black ones as the die off

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Little Atom Nuggies & Micro Nuggies and J&S versamites in red, pink, chatreuse, and motor oil colors primarily. I like the service at Sportsmens Direct so that’s where I usually buy most of my stuff from.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I gotta go with bret on this one the B-Y baits mudbug is my favorite. sweet potatoe, copper, white, silver and got some on fluorescent orange. These work great on Minnie merts and diamond jigs. I also have put them on spoons and done well. I haven’t used live bait my last 4 outings and have caught plenty of fish on the plastics!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My daughter out fished me 2-0 and my buddy 2-1 the other day on a tough bite. She chose the plastic, we were jigging with spoons, etc.

This is an impulse. I also use B-Y baits and have had good luck on both.

Hole hopping and searching, i’ve got an aggressive ratteling jigging spoon rod, a smaller less aggressive spoon, and a tungsten jig/plastic. That usually does the trick in convincing something to bite.

The week prior, these tiny walleyes were hitting our largest jigging spoons with full fatheads. We were hoping for good ‘kid’ action, but with negative fish, only the plastic would turn them on enough.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Northland Tackle’s Impulse Mayfly plastics have been working well for me.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Wondering how you hook the b-y mudbug on the mini mert..also hey whats your favorite color in the mini mert.I have only fished the burnt orange one but sure liked it.

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

Maki Plastics either get the ones Clam offers or order right from Maki’s website. the Maki website has stuff that Clam is not carrying yet.

dimer_10
    Wisconsin

Here’s a couple B-Y Baits presentations that have been working for me this year…

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Like posted above, Little Atom micro nuggies and nuggies with a 4mm tungsten head that we get from Sportsmens Direct. Motor oil has been the best color for me. Slender Spoons from Custom Jigs and Spins also for catching the aggressive feeders or to call fish in to finesse with plastics. I like to tip my spoon with Gulp maggots. Good luck.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Love the CJ&S finesse plastics in black, red and pink, also the northland impulse mini smelt.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.