Otter Resort

• Bigwalleye30
    MN

Putting my new Otter Resort together and having some issues with the seats. When I have the skirt attached on the front of the sled the seats won’t install correctly. The front bracket won’t pull across the inside part of the sled. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it? Do I need to trim part of the sled to get this to work? I watched the recent IDO video with James and Joel fishing out of the resort house in SD and theirs looks set up correctly.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Maybe install seats first? I have no idea just throwing it out there-

prospector
    Wyoming

Quote:

Putting my new Otter Resort together and having some issues with the seats. When I have the skirt attached on the front of the sled the seats won’t install correctly. The front bracket won’t pull across the inside part of the sled. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it? Do I need to trim part of the sled to get this to work? I watched the recent IDO video with James and Joel fishing out of the resort house in SD and theirs looks set up correctly.

Start the front first with the back lifted at a pretty good angle. Keep the front bracket held firm towards the sled and lower the rear part of the bracket. You may have to spread the sled side to side to gain some width. I hope this helps. Let us know if it is a different issue.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Bigwalleye30

Hey there
    Pretty frustrating hey ?
    I have read your post over a couple 3 times now.. It’s hard for me to envision where you’re at with the set up..So I want to ask a few questions..

1. is the Resort fully assembled ?
    2. is there a chance the cross bar is not installed properly(location front to back as well as height)
    3.are the seat bases locked into the crossbar when lowered down to the front of the Otter Tub?

I sure hope we can help you thru this !!!

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Quote:

Bigwalleye30

Hey there
    Pretty frustrating hey ?
    I have read your post over a couple 3 times now.. It’s hard for me to envision where you’re at with the set up..So I want to ask a few questions..

1. is the Resort fully assembled ?
    2. is there a chance the cross bar is not installed properly(location front to back as well as height)
    3.are the seat bases locked into the crossbar when lowered down to the front of the Otter Tub?

I sure hope we can help you thru this !!!

Everything is fully assembled, however the Resort model has different seating than all the other models. They do not have the cross link seating. Its a metal bracket that goes across the width of the sled for each seat. I’m thinking the only way to fix it would be to shave off part of the lip of the sled, but wanting to do that as a last resort. (no pun intended)

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

ahhhh…
    I remember those brackets….

if it would extend further it would fit better ? I may still have one of these in my shed.. I’ll take a look at it and try and picture what your looking at..

My nephew has a resort this year too,,, I’ll give him a shout,,,,

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Quote:

ahhhh…
    I remember those brackets….

if it would extend further it would fit better ? I may still have one of these in my shed.. I’ll take a look at it and try and picture what your looking at..

My nephew has a resort this year too,,, I’ll give him a shout,,,,

Yep thought they were the old brackets. It extends far enough. The problem is the bracket on the side you fish on doesn’t seem big enough. You hook it on and the back part of the front bracket hits the sled, it won’t reach the inside of the sled. Its like that hook part of the bracket isn’t big enough. Hope that makes sense.

Ekez

I don’t know how much help I can be but I did just assemble an xt 650 lodge with a bench seat. You have the swivel seats correct?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sorry for the delay.
    This is the bracket ?
    I love the Holidays but they sure do put a hold on the every day things..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I re read again.. if you were to try this with out the skirt on the front, does it fit ?

does the lip to the top of the sled measure less then the gap of the bracket ?

Do both seats do the same thing ?

When I get home I will measure the bracket on mine..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.