Trigger X mustache worm continued Success?

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Earlier I dropped the post about making yourself a better angler. I have been using the mustache worm more now and developing more confidence in it. I hope that everyone has been holding true to some of the commitments they made earlier this winter to try out some new lures and new lakes. The natural colors of the mustache paired with a red 1/32 oz from VMC have been awesome for perch and crappies. Few crappie pics, perch pics to follow. – QB

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

How do you store your plastics? Do you put them in some sort of tackle box or bag? I’m just curious because I have been getting more and more plastic baits this year and didn’t know how to keep them all organized.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I simply take the little bags and fold them over in my box or they end up in a multitude of bib and coat pockets . But putting the little bags in the box works well, I like leaving them in the bags. – QB

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Nice Double Stash QB !!

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Nice! I picked up a couple mustache plastics simply because they caught my eye although I haven’t had a chance to use them yet. It looks like you’re just threading them on the hook.

Any issues with respect to needing to cover the hook point?

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I did not cover the hook tip, I have not yet with these. The VMC hooks are super sharp so I am sure they would have no problem going through the plastic. The other day for a bit i was covering the hook point with 1 euro larvae but when It fell off I didnt put any back on, just stayed with the mustache worm. Covering the hook point will be something I will have to experiment with. – QB

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Doubling them up I like that idea. Just been targeting Eyes so far but will keep that in mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.