Jiffy Pro4 Lite???

• Egts

Anyone have any experience using the new Jiffy Pro4 Lite? I like the idea of a light weight propane powered auger.

tripjorgen
    NESD

Never used the light but the original propane is awesome!!! A friend of mine has one. It starts on the first pull every time

nbaker
    Black Hills of SODAK

Used mine for the first time yesterday. First time with any propane auger, never was around the original pro4. I upgraded from a strikemaster magnum 3. It ripped through 13-14″ of ice pretty quickly, faster then I expected. I also was wondering how it would do when left out in the cold and wind on the lake. So after I got all my holes drilled for the afternoon, I her sit for 4hrs, after I got all the rest of the stuff packed up grabbed the auger an it started on the second pull. Temp was -1*F when I drilled the holes, and -5*F when I left, with a good bit of wind, phone app said the “real feel” was -29*F.

So I’m very happy with the purchase, best part was the ride to and from the lake, I didn’t smell auger gas and my ice suit doesn’t smell of 2stroke smoke!!

KirtH
    Lakeville

I bought the Pro Lite after much over analyzation, I looked at the Ion, Strikemaster. I liked the idea, of propane powered and no smell. Well so far so good, starts quick and easy, quiet and has the smell of my Buddy Heater. Zipped thru the ice quickly although not much ice yet.

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I have the Pro4 and love it. No gas mixing cans and it starts 1st pull almost every time.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

The Jiffy Pro seems to work pretty well but they are notorious for only burning half the propane out of the 1 pound cylinders when it’s cold.

Just Sunday night I forgot an extra propane tank. Luckily the guy next to me had a Jiffy Pro and was so kind to give me his half full propane tank that didn’t work in his auger anymore to get me through the evening. Thanks guys

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

That again Joe would be the first time I have ever heard that? I have been running them for 5 years and never had a half full bottle. Purchasing a quality propane bottle is the responsibility of the owner not the manufacture. If you spend $500 on an auger spend $3 on good fuel.

You will get 250 holes through 24″ of ice on the average. I have drilled 400 holes through 8″-24″ of ice. All on (1) 1lb cylinder.

The Pro-4 lite has a single ripper blade compared to the Pro-4 that has (3) blades. (1) on the flat and (2) on the point. The other main difference is the motor size due to the blade configuration.

The only bad was on the Gen 1 motors were the fuel rail system was replaced. Everything sold today is a Gen 3 motor. You can tell by the regulator attaching directly to the bottle. Pro-4 lites are new this year with no issues. I have heard of a few propane line crimps that have leaked.

igotone

super info — I love this site

Keep sharing

Ekez

My uncle Ron uses one with the 10″ bit and he loves it. Fires up right away no smell and no mixed gas. I am personally a strikemaster guy but hey, he likes it.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

That’s good info. The only info I know about Jiffy propane augers is what people tell me that own them and numerous owners claim no matter what tank you use they will only burn 1/2 to 2/3 tank when it’s cold. Like I said I don’t own one so it doesn’t matter to me either way. I think they’d be a great auger for inside of a permanent shack.

Quote:

That again Joe would be the first time I have ever heard that? I have been running them for 5 years and never had a half full bottle. Purchasing a quality propane bottle is the responsibility of the owner not the manufacture. If you spend $500 on an auger spend $3 on good fuel.

You will get 250 holes through 24″ of ice on the average. I have drilled 400 holes through 8″-24″ of ice. All on (1) 1lb cylinder.

The Pro-4 lite has a single ripper blade compared to the Pro-4 that has (3) blades. (1) on the flat and (2) on the point. The other main difference is the motor size due to the blade configuration.

The only bad was on the Gen 1 motors were the fuel rail system was replaced. Everything sold today is a Gen 3 motor. You can tell by the regulator attaching directly to the bottle. Pro-4 lites are new this year with no issues. I have heard of a few propane line crimps that have leaked.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.