Reworking Augers/ pics

• bee
    Maine

As I get older and want things on the lighter side I have made up some compact augers. They weigh in at around 18-20 lbs. I have one with a 6 in and one with a 7in. I also have an 8 if needed. Yes they both cut just super. I have added center points to the bits. The sled holds my flasher,bucket,rods and is my seat.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Wouldn’t you have to bend down a lot more then if you are using a shorter auger if you are drilling through any amount of ice? Or are you just willing to sacrifice that for the reduction in weight?

I too am a big fan of the light augers especially since I punch a lot of holes, I think my next one is going to be the SM lite and pair it with a 6 inch auger.

Overall I like your setup though, very efficient!

mike ice

Looks good Bee. They might be lighter than you think. I’ve done the same thing several years ago and I recall 15.8 or 16.8 on the fish scale.
    As far as the bending over concern, you are kind of working over the top of auger and I use my legs for up and down. They are very user friendly because of weight.

bee
    Maine

The drill on the left with a 6in mora is a real lite weight. That’s a Echo that I reworked and that drill is a couple lbs less that the Tanaka. I just wish ever one could get to use these.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ever put a powerhead on an old spoon auger? That’d be wicked.

bee
    Maine

Not yet. But I do have this in mind.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Not yet. But I do have this in mind.

Be careful you don’t take your foot off with that thing. I could see it used in a horror movie!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.