Strikemaster laser hand auger

• zachabbott
    NULL

I’m interested in getting a new hand auger. I know you guys probably have heard this before, but any one have reviews on the Strikemaster Laser hand auger? Thanks guys any problems with it ?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

The power source tends to get weak…..

catmando
    wis

I own two of them, 4 and 7 incher, for the money you cant beat em.8i

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

The power source tends to get weak…..

X2… bring an extra one with and you be just fine

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I have a 6″ and with sharp blades that thing can cut ice.

navtiller
    chippewa falls

I have a 4 inch laser that I hook up with cordless drill for early and late ice…works slick

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I have had two. No complaints here.

FDR

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I still have the same auger and blades for 4 years.. the auger itself is about 9 years old..

6″ is what I use day in and day out for pan fishing the back waters of the Mississippi.. Plenty of room for a 20deg transducer and a fish.. still most of the time I have to pull the ducer though..

zachabbott
    NULL

Is there much difference between the lazer and the new synthetic lazer hand augers?

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Buy a Nils Master hand auger and be done with it. I own a 4 1/2″ and never owned a better auger. Have had moras and lazers both. Lazer was a good auger until they started making them in CHINA they do not cut like they use to. They don’t compare to the old lazer made in USA. Nils master alot of times will out cut a power auger. They are made really well, the flighting on the auger is welded all the way not just spot welded. They do not catch on the bottom of the hole when you drill through. Practically effortless drilling. You would not be sorry. They are not priced much more than a lazer and worth every penny.Best hand auger out there hands down. Plus side of having a 4 1/2″ size auger if you get the fish in the hole they can’t turn around on you. I mainly fish the mississippi backwaters. If you use a locator stick with 6″ auger. A nils master 6″ drills with the effort of using a 4″ lazer, no kidding!

red89
    Hudson

I will second the Nils, not that that helps make your decision any easier. I have a 6″ and it cuts great.

dvocelka32
    Duluth, MN

So far my 6″ laser has been just fine if you’re ok with building a little character, sweating it out over dozens of holes. I’ve heard GREAT things about Nills though, 4x as much but if $$$ isn’t an issue, make it happen!

NoFish

The lazer is a good auger for the money. I have a 5″ that I use for panfishing and drilling transducer holes, and an 8″ for everything else. They start holes a lot easier than the Mora, but are similarly touchy when it comes to bad or off pitch blades.

Word to the wise that was explained to me here a while ago- Ever time you increase the diameter of am ice hole there is a larger increase in area. An 8″ hole is a ton more ice to cut than a 7″ hole is, and a 7″ may be plenty of space for what you need. In other words, buy the smallest size that you can, you’ll work a lot less

michael-d

I have a 6 inch Lazer and love it. My 8 year old daughter and 10 year old son took turns cutting holes through 6 inches of ice a couple weekends ago for fun when the fish weren’t biting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.