auger service in need

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

My attempt to join the crown sunday was thwarted by a broken on/off safety switch on my strikemaster mag2000 auger. I took it down to my local shop this morning only to just find out theyre more than two weeks behind on servicing equipment and I cant wait that long. Can anyone recommend some service shops with a faster turnaround near the MN/WI border or the east metro? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Isnt Strikemaster right over in Big Lake? If so give them a shout they may do in house work.

score92
    WBL, MN

Look up strikemaster authorized service centers. Last time I checked, there was a lot that were listed. Many are small engine shops in and around the metro area.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Google D-Rock. Great Strikemaster service with a huge selection of parts on hand

onestout
    Hudson, WI

disconnect the switch and use the choke to turn it off. Usually the wires on my chainsaws wear away and the switch stops working so I have to do this on all of them. All the on/off switch does is ground out the ignition, if disabled it should still run but just won’t turn off.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

disconnect the switch and use the choke to turn it off. Usually the wires on my chainsaws wear away and the switch stops working so I have to do this on all of them. All the on/off switch does is ground out the ignition, if disabled it should still run but just won’t turn off.

X2. This will get you out on the ice till you can get it fixed! Not familiar with how they are set up, but most switches are easy to change out on small engines if you can find a replacement that is the same or similar.

zachabbott
    NULL

I belive Northern Tool in forest lake sevices a lot of stuff like that. I was in there and saw a auger being serviced .

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

thanks for all the help guys. used the strikemaster repair shop search and found one in Woodbury, but the service dept was closed. I may just pick it back up and try the switch disconnect, itll atleast keep me from buying another auger while I wait

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

YES. My augers switch took a crap quite a few years ago on the ice. Figured out there was no spark with in minutes. Ripped the wires out of the switch and taped them together. Never looked back since. One less thing to fail ever again.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

That seems to be the only option unless I like waiting, all the close strikemaster service centers are 2+ weeks behind on snowblowers. Just my luck.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

what would be the best way to clean up some spot rust that formed from fluids on the crank magnets and coil trigger, fine sand paper? CLR?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

what would be the best way to clean up some spot rust that formed from fluids on the crank magnets and coil trigger, fine sand paper? CLR?

Fine Emery paper will do the job

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.