Fish house rental destinations

• keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

I was doing some looking around for some good ice fishing destinations that offer reasonable accommodations. Mille Lacs Lake is good for fish house rentals and convenience, but the fishing really gets lousy. Lotw is great but can really get expensive. Where is the best place to go and get the most bang for the buck?

bigpike

Start by planning your trip mid week if possible. Resort owners are more willing to accomidate you. Rates are cheaper and less traffic and pressure on the ice. Its a winner all the way around in my book. LOTW is a great producer but offers little night bite if you want to camp on the ice over night.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Red or LOW.
    Get a sleeper with 3-4 people.
    or on LOW get a “day house” that way you move around and a hotel room at AmericInn in Baudette. You could even mix it up and do a day on LOW or Red if you are staying on the other.
    Drive a car.

eyehuntr14
    SE WI

I would look into Lehr, ND!!! Not sure about a “night bite” though….GL!!

fieds
    ottertail county

look into a new outfit on lake traverse by wheaton,mn. Just don’t post how good the icefish’n is

wheatonservice.com. The only activities in the area are fishing. its pretty isolated out there now days.

Mike Stark
    Ely, MN

Come on up to Ely, MN. Lots of options for lodging up here and there are also lots of options for ice fishing too. Lake trout, walleye, pike, crappie. Click here to check out some fish house rental options in Ely. The Ely area has about 8in of fresh snow on the ground now. I heard on the The Weather Channel that Two Harbors, MN has already gotten 28in of snow with more on the way. Not the best for the lakes right now but great for the trails in the woods.

holmsvc
    SE ND

Check out Lakeroad Lodge at LOW. Clean rooms and houses at a great price.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.