Buck shot spoons

• zachabbott
    NULL

From what I’ve seen on here, a lot of you guys are using the Buckshot Spoon for ice walleyes. Are there any colors you like better than others? How do you present them? Thanks

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Red, Gold and rainbow for these too. I usually jig them about 3′ high and let them flutter down until I see a fish on the graph. Then I’ll try to slowly work the fish up with smaller jigging motions, or a slow lift and quiver the rod tip. The key is getting the fish to raise up after the bait. The higher you get them to raise up, the better your odds of catching them.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

I am in love with the new UV colors that VMC came out with on the rattle spoon. They worked wonders up on Red Lake this past weekend. I think these will excel on lakes such as mille lacs on sunny days. It wont be long and I will know for-sure!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I use them from time to time. The colors I use depend on the lake and its stain or lack of stain, time of day and cloud cover. I also use the Lindy Rattlin Flyers if I want a better flutter action and still have the rattle. I typically stock up on gold, green/glow and red/glow. However my future rattle spoon purchases will most likely be the new VMC Rattle Spoon that looks a lot like the buckshot. VMC puts some great action, color, and glow into their lures and the hooks are awesome.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

I am in love with the new UV colors that VMC came out with on the rattle spoon. They worked wonders up on Red Lake this past weekend. I think these will excel on lakes such as mille lacs on sunny days. It wont be long and I will know for-sure!

Yeah, what Grant said.

dld24

I do the same as mentioned above, but if the fish won’t fully commit I’ll drop it below the fish and when he goes down pull it up past him and a lot of times he’ll hit it…Worked for me this weekend…

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Furthermore, for some reason using a whole minnow on this spoon yielded greater results. Im not one to use a while minnow that often but i did this past weekend. Not sure why they liked this better at the moment but just though i’d throw that out there.

matt

I allways have one tied on a rod all season.The smaller ones work for perch and even crappies.Tip it with a minnow head and your ready to go.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

My go to for Walleye is the Super Glo Perch. I also remove the treble and put on a Stringease “Fastach Multi-Use Clip” in 3/8″ or 1/2″. This works awesome with minnow head or the whole minnow. This clip gives you a little more room between the spoon and treble, and gives a great pendulum action to bait as spoon is coming to rest. I use these clips on all my jigging spoons. Works great when using just minnow heads cause you will never lose the head regardless if you miss the strike.

Mike Stark
    Ely, MN

Buckshot spoons aren’t just for walleye. They are one of my go to lake trout lures up here in Ely.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

The rattle spoon in the perch color 1/8th oz loaded up with a wad of maggots or a couple minnowheads is my #1 perch stomper out on the prairie. – QB

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Did I mention the hooks are awesome – QB

brianm
    Le Suer County, MN

I use the Buckshot and th Forage Minnow spoon. The Forage Minnow works lights out when the rattle in the Bucksot is too agressive. Super Glow Perch is my go to.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I love the Red Glow and Rainbow Trout colors!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.