Ice Conditions for the Twin Cities

• walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Haven’t checked, but with the nice weather last weekend I am sure we didn’t make a lot of ice. Anyone been out to check area lakes yet?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Was out on a smaller west metro lake last night. Good clear ice and about 4-5 inches. Felt pretty safe even though we used caution, especially when some lunatic pulled out his small permanant fish house out there on his quad!! I couldnt believe my eyes when im walking out with ice pics around my neck and these guys are fishing out of a wheelhouse. Talked to some kids fishing next to us and they said they have met those guys before and they told the kids, “yeah we have sunk that house 3 times already” idiots

but to answer your question there is some good WALKABLE ice to be found. we’ll see after all this projected snow how it holds up

Peter W

Nice report Ryan! The usual metro fulrry of 1 fish at dark and a few lookers. If anyone gets into them, Im sure you will with the holes you drill and the work you put in

fireline
    Rochester

Grant , what booth will you be in ?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I saw 3-4 on a small metro lake yesterday. Easy to cut through with the hand lazer. You could see the ice clearly but this snow will change that and make it harder to judge now.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

Well, here we go again. I just got a winter weather watch on my phone saying there is 6”+ of snow possible from Tuesday night into Thursday morning. If it happens, it’s really going set things back here in the metro.

I hope that’s not the case! That’s what happened to our high mountain lakes out here in CO. I hate snow during these early ice months!

ps0345

Was out in Hugo yesterday had 5″ of solid clear ice where we were at. Didn’t venture out side of the bays though. And with the Snow/rain we had last night isn’t going to help. And the snow that is on the way isn’t going to help anything. But we are supposed to get some real cold temps after which is good. But I won’t be heading out for another week or so after this snow.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yep, I’m not stepping on the ice until after this next cold snap. It just won’t be safe.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Just went for quick check on White Bear. Three portables out from Bellaire and one out from the VFW. The ice looks pretty dark!
    The ones at Bellaire were a ways out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.