Pool 7/8 ice conditions?

• Patch
    Pool 7/8

Hello fellow ice fisherman, just wondering if anyone has been out testing the ice in any areas around pool 7/8. Wondering about areas around stoddard and also lake onalaska.
    Thanks, be safe out there.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

Hi Patch,

Yesterday afternoon I took a test drive around to a few local areas, to test the ice. Lake Onalaska- Off Fisherman’s Rd. I found about 2.5 inches of ice for about 40 yds. out. After that it was pretty dicey and thinner. That’s the same results I found in checking 4 other areas on the lake. 22 had 3 inches, Jolivette Bay had 2 inches near the landing, but got thinner pretty quick, further out. Checked Richmond Bay, which is behind Shananigan’s and found 3 inches there. Got an email from Stoddard saying there’s 2 inches of ice in the marina. If you decide to go, please be very cautious and check the ice with a good spud-bar. No fish is worth getting wet or drowning. As I get out and test or fish more areas, I’ll let you know. Take care, stay safe and tight lines.

Patch
    Pool 7/8

Thanks for the information, think I might wait a few days yet. Your right it’s just not worth it.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Hi Patch,

Yesterday afternoon I took a test drive around to a few local areas, to test the ice. Lake Onalaska- Off Fisherman’s Rd. I found about 2.5 inches of ice for about 40 yds. out. After that it was pretty dicey and thinner. That’s the same results I found in checking 4 other areas on the lake. 22 had 3 inches, Jolivette Bay had 2 inches near the landing, but got thinner pretty quick, further out. Checked Richmond Bay, which is behind Shananigan’s and found 3 inches there. Got an email from Stoddard saying there’s 2 inches of ice in the marina. If you decide to go, please be very cautious and check the ice with a good spud-bar. No fish is worth getting wet or drowning. As I get out and test or fish more areas, I’ll let you know. Take care, stay safe and tight lines.

That is good info and advice!

FDR

jld
    Holmen

There were a few guys at the end of Fisherman’s Road yesterday on the ice but I was surprised to see a couple at 22 on the ice.

devin_holten
    Wisconsin

Fished today behind the hospital on about 3 inches of ice. We picked our way around but we didn’t go anywhere near the middle, we stayed closer to shore. I’ll update you after we go out tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.