Marcum showdown vs vision quest showdown

• Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

I just got a brand new vision quest showdown thinking it was the marcum advertised on Craigslist and I am wondering what is the difference? They spec the same and I know vision quest owns marcum so did I get screwed or are they same? Thanks for any feedback!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have not heard of “Vision Quest” before…but then I haven’t heard everything either…

Quote:

September 1, 2009 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

To our MarCum Technologies and ShowDown Digital Fish Finder partners and friends:

Minneapolis, MN – Electronic Technologies, LLC, d/b/a Versa Electronics, a Minnesota limited liability company, is pleased to announce, effective immediately, the acquisition of the assets of MarCum Technologies and ShowDown brands, including inventory, tooling, intellectual property and designs formerly owned by Nature Vision, Inc.

In business for over 50 years, Versa Electronics has been involved with MarCum products for the past three years, manufacturing all the MarCum sonar products during that time. Combined with our experience in the manufacture of the MarCum brand, our continuing commitment to quality and delivery makes this a perfect fit. We will bring this commitment and attention to detail to the underwater camera side of the business, as well. In addition, and based on our experience in sonar, we recognize the value of the ShowDown product and are equally committed to continued development and growth of this brand.

In order to ensure timely deliveries of products currently under development and maintain the consistent quality that you are accustomed to receiving from the brands, we plan to introduce features both into existing and new products and release those designs and products only after they have been thoroughly tested and are deemed ready for the marketplace.

MarCum Underwater Viewing Systems VS380, VS820, and VS825C, the LXi Handheld Sonar, and ShowDown sonar products will ship on schedule. Other MarCum sonar products, including the VX-1P, LX-3tc, and LX-5, will continue to be manufactured here in the U.S. at Versa Electronics to ensure continuing quality and performance of the brand. These MarCum sonar products will deliver on or before November 13, 2009.

We anticipate a seamless transition from Nature Vision, Inc. to Versa Electronics. All pricing, UPC numbers, product descriptions, programs, terms, etc. will be assumed and honored by Versa Electronics. In addition, all consumer warranty claims and repairs, returns, credit requests, and all other functions for servicing both the consumer and our trade partners become functions of Versa Electronics, effective immediately. For any customer service related issues, we invite you to contact us at 888-778-1208 or email us at [email protected].

All of us here at Versa value your business and understand the urgency and importance of ensuring that you receive on-time delivery of the products reflected on your existing open purchase orders. In our efforts to satisfy your requirements and exceed your expectations, we will work to meet deadlines and deliver the high quality products you have come to know and expect of the brands. We very much look forward to supporting you and working together to grow the MarCum and ShowDown product families.

Regards,

Kevin Johnsrud
    CEO

3943 Quebec Ave. N
    Minneapolis, MN 55427

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

Crap, I meant nature vision. Have no idea where vision quest came from. Sorry my bad ha

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Would this be called the “vpg?” I think this is what you are referring to. If so it is the primitive version of the Showdown, it hit the market a while back and was owned by Aqua-vu for a year or two and sold as the “vpg” (vertical pixel graph) and was then sold to marcum who re-named it the showdown. I cannot tell you the exact differences but I would guess it has older Interference Rejection, Zoom and Target separation than the showdowns. If you want to learn more just google search nature vision vpg. Hope this helps.

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

It says showdown on it and the only difference I have found is the case does not say showdown on it.. I am just confused and want to know what I have lol

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Hmm that is odd. Not sure what to tell you on that one. Must be a showdown then. Possibly the original soft case got ruined somehow and the previous owner found a different one, I’ve never seen a case that didn’t have showdown on it.

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

I think it has to be, I compared it side by side with my buddy’s dual beam and it is the same thing, just the box says vision quest and the guy got it from a fishing show so maybe a different box I am just confusedby the whole thing

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Ice Fanatic is right on. It’s a predecessor to the current Marcum Showdown, but it’s the same general technology.

Thanks,

Joel

djshannon
    Crosslake

I bought a VPG unit about a year ago off Craigslist. It worked just fine when I was out fishing alone. It didn’t play well with others. I took it in to Marcum and they updated it for about $65 to the latest version 5.6 and replaced the faceplate. Enjoy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.