WI Ice Show

• Marcum12

I see they have the vendor list out for the show in December. I noticed that there seems to be alot missing. I didn’t see Otter, Marcum, Reeds, Marine General, Thorne Bros just to name a few that aren’t going to be there. Was kind of hoping to get a deal on a new Otter XT1200 Cottage.

tr
    Plymouth

You might not want to wait, I hear the MFG is sold out once again. you had better get your hands on it now or you might not get one.
    GOod luck fishing to you!!

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I would agree on not waiting. The factory is sold out of all except the Lodge. I picked up the XT1200 Cabin this weekend. It was the last of three left at our local shop. The store owner is sold out of many shelters already as well as his supplier.

If you can find it, buy it before they are gone.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

That’s a shame. I was planning a trip home to go and see the WI ice show especially for Marcum and TB. Guess I can still make the trip home but just go ice fishing instead. I was hoping to maybe get a deal on a TB rod or the Lx-6. Oh well actual fishing is one hell of a consolation prize.

d21arren

Last year all the big name dealers were there eskimo, frabil, clam, reeds, thorne bros. I’m not seeing any of these guys on the vendor list. Found out there is a new show in Deluth, MN the same weekend. These guys might be headed there instead.

Marcum12

Well I was hoping to get a chance to sell my portable I have now first so it would not seem so bad buying a new one(to the wife) but guess I better just see about getting one before I can’t. Thanks guys for the info.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

What I have never figured out is why always so late? I have my main buys done by the end of October at the latest, so why would I attend a show when I could be fishing? JMO

d21arren

I agree with you, I think the problem around Wisconsin is everyone is focused on deer hunting season around the end of October to the end of November.

d21arren

Last year all the big name dealers were there eskimo, frabil, clam, reeds, thorne bros. I’m not seeing any of these guys on the vendor list. Found out there is a new show in Deluth, MN the same weekend. These guys might be headed there instead.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

What I have never figured out is why always so late? I have my main buys done by the end of October at the latest, so why would I attend a show when I could be fishing? JMO

d21arren

I agree with you, I think the problem around Wisconsin is everyone is focused on deer hunting season around the end of October to the end of November.

Marcum12

I believe you are right when it comes to being focused on deer hunting here in Wi. I was charging my marcums etc and decided I would put one of my LX-5s up for sale on c-list at what I think is a price and have not had one call on it. Figured it would sell right away. Probably have to wait till after rifle season. At least I got the OK from the wife to buy a new Otter. Now I just have to find one.

d21arren

I can understand Reeds and Thorne Bros. not coming over as they are from the twin cities area and hauling all of their gear to Deluth would be a lot closer, but Frabill and Eskimo are based out of WI. I would like to know if anybody there will be selling the LX7 as I am in the market for one, if not I will have to buy one online for full price. Last year I think they had some good deals on them, but I wasn’t ready to purchase.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

As someone whom has and still reps for a few manufactures in the industry I can tell you this. With the store shows, expos, seminars, etc. it becomes overwhelming on the reps in the field. Pay is not great and hours are long. I believe I was better compensated in the early 90’s when I started doing this. The manufactures want more more more but don’t want to pony up more. Not to blame them for that. But unless you want to pay more from pocket for product, don’t expect more reps at shows or stores. The primary focus of the manufactures is most exposure for the buck! I believe they feel the show in Minnesota will draw more eyes to product.

As for the reason why shows are done at season time. The same guys for the large part are repping all year. With the exception of pro staff guys product specific. Most are full time industry reps who do it all year. Been there before and have done that. It’s a grinder on these guys to say the least.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.