Wheel house carpet question

• mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Cant be talked out of not carpeting my new house so that is not an option.

Those that have had good or bad luck with a specific carpet I would really like to know.
    Also should I glue it down so it does not get ripples when it stretches or is glue a PITA to remove when it comes time to replace?
    Boat carpet?
    8×19′
    Thank You, Mark.

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

You are not concerned with snow/ice melt packing into the carpet and freezing? If you are set on a carpet, outdoor would be ok. I would leave it unfastened so you could remove, thaw, and dry out once in a while.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I have the original carpet in my 10 year old Ice castle. its a low pile, glued in. that’s all I can tell you. maintenance has not been a issue. use a slush bucket when you drill holes and clean your feet when going in and out. the furnace keeps it dry. You may want to call a fishhouse manufacture and see what they do

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

If you absolutely had to carpet, I would use boat/golf carpet… If you didn’t have to, I would rhino line it, in grey!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I would take a look a commercial grade (office) 12×12 or larger carpet squares with the sticky back adhesive. Peel and stick. They peel back off the floor pretty easily for replacement. (No glue to scrpe off) Our entire office building here in DT St Paul is carpeted in the stuff. Spilled coffee – no problem. They don’t even bother to clean it. Peel up the stained section and replace with new piece. Pretty slick stuff.

They are caled Carpet Tiles at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/carpet%2520squares?NCNI-5

Quote:

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

Berkshire Flooring Carpet tiles are the softest carpet tile available on the market today. They are manufactured to allow for a broadloom appearance once installed. The Serenity Style is available in three colors that can be mixed and matched to your liking allowing you to be as creative as you want or can installed in all one color. The tiles are 24 in. x 24 in. and come with a pre-applied pressure sensitive adhesive so you simply peel and stick them to the floor. Installation is easy, the only tools that you need are a square, a tape measure and a carpet knife. The carpet is made from Solution Dyed Continuous Filament PermaClean Fiber which is inherently stain and wear resistant. The carpet tile has an attached Eco Fiber Cushion made of 100% recycled fiber. All Berkshire Flooring Carpet Tiles are environmentally friendly and carpet tiles reduce waste by 15-20% compared with broadloom carpet. You will love that they are easy to handle and that they are the No Glue, No Tacks, No Tapes, No Odor way to a simply beautiful floor. PRO:

100% Solution dyed continuous filament polyester fiber

Peel & Stick for easy installation and replacement

Tufted in the U.S.A

Naturally stain resistant and resists fading

5 year manufacture warranty

Vacuum regularly and spot clean – replace if necessary

Simply seamless technology gives the tiles the appearance of a wall to wall installation

40 square feet per case – 10 tiles per case – 20 lbs per case

MFG Model # : BFSRTF

MFG Part # : BFSRTF

-J.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

I would take a look a commercial grade (office) 12×12 or larger carpet squares with the sticky back adhesive. Peel and stick. They peel back off the floor pretty easily for replacement. (No glue to scrpe off) Our entire office building here in DT St Paul is carpeted in the stuff. Spilled coffee – no problem. They don’t even bother to clean it. Peel up the stained section and replace with new piece. Pretty slick stuff.

I really like that idea and I wont have to deal with measuring and matching an entire sheet of carpet. I will have to get a few and do a test on them. Thanks.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Thank you all for the carpet info.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.