shack canvas

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

got a couple burn holes in my eskimo quickflip 3, and its an older green model, so buying a replacement is out of the question, factory no longer has them. thinking of a few things, like at first maybe patching? or maybe finding canvas material and hire a seamstress to duplicate the my top? Or even buying the hard parts (flip up bars and extensions, etc, and bolting on the new style top & cover to my quickflip3. any ideas on all of this, like where to get canvas, what type of canvas, what can be done, etc?

Just not ready yet to get the new otter pro xt900 thermal yet, my bank account doesn’t agree with me that i need it

timmy

If cosmetics aren’t important – a smear of sportsman goop on both sides sandwiched by a couple pieces of tarp tape. It will last forever – and is very cheap. It just looks ugly. I repaired my old otter that way many times – and it was fully functional.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Glen’s Army/Navy Surplus in Grand Rapids, MN has green and purple canvas in the bulk roll that you can buy by the foot. Perhaps they would even ship it to you. Probably worth a phone call.

Glen’s Army Navy Surplus
    701 NW 4th St Grand Rapids, MN 55744
    (218) 326-1201

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

thanks guys!

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Was gonna add some vent holes at the top of my two-man clam but decided the battery acid orifices take care of moisture and co/co2 build-up without an expensive re-make. Sort of the old comfortable boots syndrome.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

mine are on the front where i had the heater sunflower too close during a windy day

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Duct tape both sides, it comes in designs and colors now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.