13 Fishings Tear Drop inline ice reel

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

no word yet that i have heard…. but i will ask….

AirAngler
    Sand Coulee, MT

They aren’t 100% sure yet, but could start to see some drop mid September.

rossriley

Just wondering if anyone has tried this out yet? I just got one and haven’t been able to use it yet. I realize there are a lot of haters out there but I am stoked to use this bad boy.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

The haters are guys who can’t afford one so they knock the product! See it with all high end items in any industry. Some people really don’t like the product and the rest are jealous. I have a few 6061’s I tweaked last winter. They perform flawless. I’m sure the drops will also!

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

What were the problems with the 6061’s ? I picked one up last spring and have yet to use it. I had bought a Frabill reel but it really felt like junk so I returned it. Hope this 6061 is better !! I have it on a TUCR Precision Noodle
    and it does feel a little heavy. We’ll see soon !!!

DakotaFowler

Quote:

Quote:

It looks like a cool deal. It appears to be a low-pro baitcaster flipped upside down. I bet it’s pretty smooth.

i asked about a worm gear and pawl a couple months ago, but was told it would freeze up from water/ice on the line pretty easily.

My only knock on it after first look was the fact it didn’t have a worm. I realize it will more than likely freeze up, but if I have a lot of line out…should I just wobble it back and fourth as I reel it in??

Other than the fact my line will probably all collect in the middle of the spool, its on the right track to a cool new reel.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Don’t even think about it, just fish it the line will go where it wants and give you no grief.

DakotaFowler

Quote:

Don’t even think about it, just fish it the line will go where it wants and give you no grief.

Haha. Sorry, that was sarcasm. I should have made it more obvious.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Glen, drag was very touchy at light settings same as eagle claws are. Add a few Teflon washers in between the star and shaft and remove factory grease and lube. Replace with a synthetic and you’ll be amazed at the difference!

frezerfisher

Now it gets personal,spend that much money on a panfish reel.YES why not this is your hobby if you can afford it and you want it buy it. I love to have nice stuff to and stuff that works good. Look at a deer rifle,$650 for the rifle,$350 for the scope,plus all the extras.
    No one ever profited from fishing, hunting or golf. This is a way to enjoy your life with your friends and family. Remember after you are dead money is worthless. Fatfish(Jerry)

shaley
    Milford IA

I know guys with thousands in their rifles and shotguns….Some of us like quality geat and will spend what it takes to get it… For instance I’m a carpenter and most would think spending $200+ on a hammer is crazy but as a tool to me well worth the investment…Same as with my hunting and fishing gear, no reason to keep rebuying cheap gear every few years buy the best you can when you can and it will last you for years….Does most of it help me catch more fish? Who knows but the expeirence is far more enjoyable…

bronzbak
    Long way from home

I have no idea why you went after me with that fatfish???? I could care less if you bought $600 panfish reels. There are many folks whom make a living hunting and fishing! Guides, tournament anglers, outdoor personalities, etc!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.