Nils 8″ Blade Cover Replacement

• Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

For those following the previous Nils thread, a common complaint with the Nils auger has been the blade cover. I’ve been using the new Nils blade cover by Cold Snap (they only have the 8″ one but my 6″ Nils cover, the mini-sized one, works really well so it wouldn’t be needed anyway) for a couple of weeks now and I’ve been extremely pleased. Easy on, easy off and best of all it stays in place. I hope for Nils’ sake they get with Cold Snap and have it as an OEM item going forward. There’s no reason anybody should have to deal with that previously insufferable cover on a cadillac product like this. Now Nils just needs to work out their blade issues or have Frank give their factory a good tutorial on the initial sharpening and they’ll be good to go again.

jlynchminn
    Rochester, MN

I also went with the Cold Snap blade cover for my 8 inch Nils and would recommend it. Very easy to use, and stayed on during a lot of bumpy snowmobile riding.

Also ordered the Cold Snap cover for a 8 inch Lazer. It turns out the same cover fits both augers.

hamms
    Mn

How you liking the Nils Larson?

Joewatson
    United states

I have never used Nils, but now I am interested in buying it. So, just wanted to know that is it costly..??
    ————————————
    The purchase price of the apartment is known as prix achat appartement

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

Only complaint is I didn’t buy one 15 years ago the thing cuts like a hot knife through butter no problem with the shaft no problems with the blades put amsoil saber in the gas little to no smoke can’t say nothing negative so far but I have only cut 40 or so holes so far so good and talk about zero downward pressure is an understatement hit the gas and it goes to town. This auger is great anyone wants to meet up and check it out shot me a pm most likely I will be on the ice we could meet up and give it a try for yourself

If you think you like it now, just wait until it’s broken in. It’s even more smooth then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.