Frabil Jiggler Long Rod

• asch
    Eastern Iowa

I purchased a Jiggler Rod last fall and thought it would be great for shallow water. I like the rod but am disappointed in the reel. The handle has fallen off, the spool has come loose, the drag is rough and will not release fast enough to keep the line from breaking on a big bass. I am wondering if I have a lemon or other reels are having problems?

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

I can’t speak directly from experience but I had to set my cousins jiggler up for him (spool on new line and change spring tips). The flaw I saw in the combo was the drag as well as the the gap between the plate of the reel face and the actual spool because if I reeled up the line and it wasn’t really taunt the line would come unraveled and catch outside the reel and cause chaos. He said he loved it and didn’t have any issues but IMO they need a few modifications would not invest in one myself, hope to find new improved model next year. So I don’t think you had a lemon.

Duke M

I had a Gander gift cert. and decided to pick up a 54″ Jiggler to go with my long rod assortment. I ran my fingers down the blank on one and felt three steps in it. I gave it a test bend and it broke in three pieces. I found a sales person and explained what happened and was told it was not a problem and they would simply return it. I said I was still interested and found one with a smooth blank. I told the sales person I wanted to test bend it and he said “go right ahead. I did and it was fine. I bought it and used it to catch some fish. Soon however I noticed the reel became wobbly and the drag would not work. I disassembled the reel and found the brass hex nut had come loose and a spring loaded plunger had escaped it’s hole and was caught in the reel. I put it back and tightened the reel back up. It worked until the brass nut came loose again, the next trip out. I have now put Lock-Tite on the threads but have not used it since the latest maintenence. All in all I have not been impressed. I have caught several bass on the rod, and it has been bent into a horseshoe shape and has not broken.

Duke

gary d
    cordova,il

I too! have a Jiggler long rod and I like it for shallow water fishing,–BUT– the drag is not really got to much thought in it I think. To me it seem like it is either on or off. One other thing I think it reels in to easily. Other then that it’s dumb to say but, I do like it. Go figure!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Welcome to Chinese construction standards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.