Arctic Armor customer service

• rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

I owned an Arctic Armor suit for 4 years and it was a great suit. The beginning of this winter, my wife washed and dryed the suit – and it got wrecked in the dryer from the heat. Well, I liked the suit so much that I ordered the same suit as a replacement in December. The new suit has not held up after 5 outings. The black lining on the inside has worn through in a few spots and is wearing through in many other spots. I called IDI Gear about warranty and they offered to send patch material. They said it is wearing through because of the velcro on the suit. Well, yes, it has worn in those spots, but is also worn though in spots where there is no velcro. My old suit lasted 4 years – got frayed where there was velcro, but didn’t wear through. This new suit has worn through around velcro and is wearing through in locations where there isn’t anything to rub on.

Needless to say I am more disappointed with their warranty support and how rude the 4 people were that I talked with about this – and I was very clear that I liked their product and wanted to stick with it, but did not want to deal with paying someone to patch this practically new suit that was coming apart on the inside.

Anyone else have good/bad info on the suit/service? I am thinking of going with the Frabill snow suit. Anybody have experience with this suit?

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

I owned an Arctic Armor suit for 4 years and it was a great suit. The beginning of this winter, my wife washed and dryed the suit – and it got wrecked in the dryer from the heat. Well, I liked the suit so much that I ordered the same suit as a replacement in December. The new suit has not held up after 5 outings. The black lining on the inside has worn through in a few spots and is wearing through in many other spots. I called IDI Gear about warranty and they offered to send patch material. They said it is wearing through because of the velcro on the suit. Well, yes, it has worn in those spots, but is also worn though in spots where there is no velcro. My old suit lasted 4 years – got frayed where there was velcro, but didn’t wear through. This new suit has worn through around velcro and is wearing through in locations where there isn’t anything to rub on.

Needless to say I am more disappointed with their warranty support and how rude the 4 people were that I talked with about this – and I was very clear that I liked their product and wanted to stick with it, but did not want to deal with paying someone to patch this practically new suit that was coming apart on the inside.

Anyone else have good/bad info on the suit/service? I am thinking of going with the Frabill snow suit. Anybody have experience with this suit?

You’ll LOVE the SnoSuit. It is a VERY warm suit. So warm that I only wear a pair of sweatpants when I fish underneath the bibs. No need to layer up with long johns and whatnot. I fish outside about 70% of the time kneeling and standing. My bibs are pretty much glazed over with ice each outing and it has held up each time. I’ve fished in the 20 mph winds once and didn’t feel a lick of wind. Real quality bibs for a great price right now. I’ve seen them for $199. I bought mine at the ice show for $250 (bibs only) and don’t regret buying them one bit! No need for a portable with this suit

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Sno suit here and love it. My buddy just got one and paid a whole lot less than I did a couple years ago. If you poke around on the web you can find a deal or two.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I hate to hear that, I have had nothing but good experience with their customer service. It was a couple years ago, but I had a problem with one of the buckles on my bibs breaking, they sent me 3 of them no questions asked. Yea do not dry it on anything other than a very low setting or it will melt!!

I have had mine for 5 or 6 years and it’s like new yet. Maybe you need to talk to a manager, it never hurts to go up the ladder, they should make this right. Hopefully they have changed the product to hold up better.

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

I got the Striker ice suit for Christmas this year. So far, I’ve been very pleased with it. I already had warm clothes, so I didn’t really need more warm clothes, but it floats like the ice armor and that is why I wanted it.

I’ve barely used my ice tent this year. Mainly fish in the tent if my hole keeps freezing up, not because I’m too cold. The coat and bibs are very warm and comfortable. I believe they are based out of Minneapolis. Not cheap, but so far I’m happy with it. I’d give them a serious look if you are going to change brands.

fisherman-andy

Striker Ice customer service is very good right now and I definitely hope it stays that way. With that in part no matter how much I like the Sno Suit or FXE suit it is just not affordable to me.

Because your previous Arctic Armor is a float safety suit I would definitely recommend the Striker Ice floating suits. Better in every way and keeps you warm. Plus you can unzip areas to allow the suit to breath better on warm days.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Dont forget if you buy Stiker ice to heed their warning.

“If you have an “experienced belly”, select one size larger for the Climate Jacket.”

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I have both a Artic Armour and FXE Sno suit. I wish I would have bought the Snosuit first but thought it was a little spendy. I settled for the AA and in my opinion there is nothing Arctic about it. I will only use it for early season and late season ice fishing when it is getting warmer.

The sno suit is fantastic and made to be used. AA is light duty I wish I would have returned it. The sno suit also breaths very well. The AA holds in moisture and condensation. I would have saved alot of money buying the sno suit first. 90 % of the time I do not even use my portable when I go out when I have the sno suit. If you keep your eys open you may catch some end of seasons closeouts on the Sno suit.

I have also heard that the AA customer service is poor. Sorry to hear your unsatisfactory expierance with the AA product

Vandy
    Central Iowa

I had purchased the AA suit 2 years ago. I had not used it 3 times and 3 of the zippers were bad. I had bought it from Red Rock store, and when I called them the first time they had told me to call the company that made it,so I did and they give me the run around saying I had over filled the pockets.
    I then called RR back and the gentleman there told me he would take care of the problem by replacing the coat,which he did.
    The next suit I buy probably will not be AA just because of there customer service.

tswoboda

I’m in my 6th season with an AA suit and I can’t complain. I spend the majority of my time on the ice fishing pannies outside of a portable and my hands get cold before my body ever does so a warmer suit wouldn’t keep me on the ice any longer.

I have spent full days on the ice laker fishing with lows below -30 and highs of -10 and with under armor, a sweatshirt, and flannel I stayed plenty warm all day long.

I’ve had no issues with quality other than the auger blade slicing a couple holes in the bibs which were easily patched. I am hard on my equipment. I have also started using the bibs for work this winter and still no seem rips or anything like that. The knees in the bibs were fully waterproof for the first 3 years and now will absorb water if I kneel in slush for awhile but still not bad.

I never understood the complaints about AA not breathing enough and being too hot… If you get hot, take the jacket off right ??

The kicker for me with AA is that it floats. Kind of a deal breaker. The new striker suits would be another floating option to look into when I’m in the need for a new suit, but that won’t be for a few years.

Sorry for the ramble and back the original question about AA customer service… Sorry, but I’ve never needed it.

Egts

One of my buddies had the same issues with Artic Armor. He called and the owner started screaming at him. Several others I know have had issues as well. Our local bait shop is discounting them to get rid of them because of their problems dealing with Artic Armor. Look at the Striker brand float suit, very nice. In fact Artic Armor is suing Striker brand. My guess is that Artic Armor won’t be in business in a year or two. For what it is worth, I have an Artic Armor suit and have not had any issues. I just wish Striker brand would have been available 2 years earlier.

servicce
    Waterloo, Ia

Artic Armor is a joke! I had one of thier suits (bibs and jacket) The jacket started falling apart on me after my wife washed it once. I know the velcro from the bibs didn’t do it any good, but the rest of the jacket was coming apart at the threads. I called the customer support folks and was immediately met with hositlity and accusations that I was the reason for it falling apart. The guy that I talked to stated he was the VP of Service and he knew exactly what I must have done. After listening to him literally yell at me through the phone (guy in next cubicle could hear him) I laid into him regarding his attitude. After some more discussion, he put me on hold for a couple of minutes and when he came back he stated he would send me a new jacket on one set of terms, it went something like this: I will send you a new jacket as long as you NEVER call our customer service again. And I mean ever!!! I did in fact get a new jacket, the local bait shop tried to help with this issue as I had bought it from them and did like the coat (still have the bibs to be honest) and even the owner of the bait shop stated he was treated inappropriately by this guy from Arctic. Needless to say, the new coat didn’t stay in my hands long as a friend showed me the Striker Ice online. After talking to them, they were nice enough to come to the bait shop (who ended up picking up thier line) and demo thier product. I got one of thier coats that day and wouldn’t trade it for anything. I will NEVER buy an Arctic Armor product ever again. I hope I never meet that jerkoff I talked to on the phone. Thank-fully I have had a year to calm down incase I ever do meet him. My opinion, do yourself a favor, crap can the Artic (I know I know, people have them and love it,,, my buddies is still like brand new – our bibs are the same, but the jackets were different) and get yourself a STriker. You won’t be let down.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Don’t waste your money on a striker ice suit. Buy a Norfin Raft ice suit. All these guys jammin AA and Striker is no better. Look into the Norfin suit and its far superior to both. There is a reason why commercial fisherman wear them!

fisherman-andy

Quote:

Don’t waste your money on a striker ice suit. Buy a Norfin Raft ice suit. All these guys jammin AA and Striker is no better. Look into the Norfin suit and its far superior to both. There is a reason why commercial fisherman wear them!

OK… your gonna suggest something that is not even readily available to be purchased locally or even online?

Interestingly why dont you provide some details about this company and its product lineup, specifically their suit for ice fishing? Reviews? Comfort? Customer service? And why you think its better?

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Striker Climate is where its at. I love mine.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Sorry I didn’t realize most guys weren’t google literate. I won my suit while fishing in Alaska last summer in a drawing at a resort. The entire crew at this resort was using these suits. They had previously been mustang survival suit people. But had switched over to the norfin suit. I looked at the striker suit and its nice. I have a 4 year old AA suit which is also nice. Neither can hold a candle in construction to the norfin suit. Buy what you wish. Just giving my opinion as others did about the striker vs AA suit.

http://norfin.info/?pname=cat&mid=8&rpp=48

fisherman-andy

Quote:

Sorry I didn’t realize most guys weren’t google literate. I won my suit while fishing in Alaska last summer in a drawing at a resort. The entire crew at this resort was using these suits. They had previously been mustang survival suit people. But had switched over to the norfin suit. I looked at the striker suit and its nice. I have a 4 year old AA suit which is also nice. Neither can hold a candle in construction to the norfin suit. Buy what you wish. Just giving my opinion as others did about the striker vs AA suit.

http://norfin.info/?pname=cat&mid=8&rpp=48

Oh we are, we are very google literate. I have long seen & read Norfin suits. I already know the Norfin parent site lacks information aside that there is little information provided even with a super google search. I am challenging you to give me a comparison review of the Norfin base on the brands we talked about here. Tell me a price, its it affordable? Where I can buy one locally? And who should I call for customer service? And who else has has this type or suit?

As far as Mustang I dont even see a clothing or apparel lineup suitable for ice fishing everyday needs.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Look nice too me. I would love to know what theycost and where to get one around here. But they still look to have some very nice features!

bronzbak
    Long way from home

http://www.fishgoodluck.ru/category/odezhda/

What the deal with Norfin is that they are the suit of choice for the foreign ice teams and European ice anglers. The place I stayed had 2 guides from finland I believe? They were salmon experts whom were wise to the better ice technology over seas. Just like the nils, tungsten jigs etc. We USA anglers seem to be far behind the Europeans and Japanese in lure design and technique development and gear in general. I could go on about this but I’m done. I posted a site that sells norfin and you can contact them directly off there site and ask them for feedback, or do the facebook deal too I’m sure.

There also is a ebay seller in the US from Chicago selling the suits on ebay. I was told by another person he has a store down there and carries all different European gear not readily available. I would bet somebody on here knows how to get in touch with him. There are numerous sites that have all the info you need about Norfin suits online. Use google translator. Since you have know about Norfin suits for some time you know the reputation they have overseas. I am done with this buy what you want.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.