Good day on the ice

• toxic11

So decided to hit a local lake here in colorado this morning. Got to the lake at 5:00. It’s way early but boy it was worth it. At 5:45 I hooked my first fish. After a nice fight I landed a nice 19″ walleye. Boy what a beautiful fish. I was debating on keeping him but I released it and asked it to send his friends since I was nice to him. I know it’s weird. 30 minutes later I hooked another one. When it can up to the hole it was half way up the hole when the hook came off. It was a walleye. The fish was so big it sat there for at least 5 to 10 seconds trying to get down. I reached down and tried to grab it. But it slipped out of my hand and got away. I had a good look at it and it was at least 22″ walleye. I almost cried. So went to get more bait and came back and started to fish again. After that I landed 2 more walleye that were 15″ and 16″. And than another 18″. I was very generous and released it too. All the fish were caught on a pink/red spoon tipped with a minnow head. The last fish was pulled in at 8:30 and after that it was dead.

jake47
    WI

Awesome! Love the marble eyes glowing in the darkened cabin! Thanks for sharing

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Great Fish. I like the LX-7 in the back ground.

hamms
    Mn

Thanks for sharing.love the story and pictures. Walleyes are great.nice 7 too

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What part of Colorado are you in? I may possibly be heading out there for 7-8 weeks later this spring If all goes well, I’ll be back up on Granby

toxic11

I leave just south of Denver. I’m planning to hit granby later this month for some laker action.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.