Marcum LX5 Power Switch

• riverruns
    Inactive

Went too turn on my LX5 and the knob that you turn to power on the unit spins and does not turn on the unit. If I apply pressure to it at an angle it will power on. This isn’t good. Can anyone offer me any help? Thanks.
    Shawn

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

There is a small set screw that might be loose on the side of the knob.

BBKK
    IA

Sounds like a loose screw or maybe someone turned it to far and stripped the plastic knob underneath.

hamms
    Mn

This happened to mine. Tightened it up and ready to do business.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Quote:

Calvin,

That is one crisp “up close” picture. I could never take a pic that clear with my driod phone. Did you use a cell or regular digital camera to take that?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Calvin,

That is one crisp “up close” picture. I could never take a pic that clear with my driod phone. Did you use a cell or regular digital camera to take that?

Galaxy III camera phone….super nice phone.

hamms
    Mn

It is super small not sure, MarCum fixed mine ,I had screen jumping around on my lx5 and they replaced the motor. Fine ever since. I have the Gallaxy S2 and it takes great photos too. Same camera as his 8 mp.

Marcum12

Mine is doing the same thing, and I only used it 4 times since I had the head replaced this last spring. Father in law looked at his today and told me it took an allen wrench. His smallest one would not fit it. I didn’t get a chance to look at mine yet.We’re going to try to get to it today. Otherwise guess I will have to stop by Marcum monday on the way to winnie, if someone knows what size wrench let us know. Thanks.

Bryan Myers

Just went and checked and it is a .050″ Allen to tighten the set screw. Hope that helps!

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Calvin,

Galaxy III camera phone….super nice phone.

I’ve heard great things about them….might have to upgrade.

riverruns
    Inactive

Thanks for the size Bryan .
    Shawn

milemark_714

Quote:

Just went and checked and it is a .050″ Allen to tighten the set screw. Hope that helps!

Will also remember that,I probably have a dozen of them.My original LX3 has a small brass straight slot set screw.It is as old as the last Colorpoint unit made.

hamms
    Mn

Found it weird they didn’t have a flat spot on it for screw to hold better. I will say MarCums service was great.

Marcum12

Fixed mine today. Father in law had small wrench from laser sight he bought. Surprised at how small of a turn it took to tighten. Good to go now.

BBKK
    IA

Too bad these marcums are not as reliable as vexilars…. you would never see the power switch get loose on a vexilar, just ask any fl-8 owner.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Quote:

Too bad these marcums are not as reliable as vexilars…. you would never see the power switch get loose on a vexilar, just ask any fl-8 owner.

The real irony is that your ripping on vexilars on a thread about broken marcums…

Oops, almost forgot my devils face

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

The real irony is that your ripping on vexilars on a thread about broken marcums…

Oops, almost forgot my devils face

IMO a loose screw does not make something broken.

I just said that to the fella who pointed me to this thread saying it was ironic when I said there are hardly any problems with marcum mechanical flashers that are not battery/charger related then this thread was posted with a “broken” power switch. Well now I guess I have to add a loose screw to the list.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.