Aluminum Otter seat bracket mod

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Had the Otter aluminum seat brackets beefed up. Picked up the Otter lodge last winter but seeing how my fishing partner (FW) and I are vertically challenged the plastic molded seat brackets left our feet dangling about 1 inch off the ice. Not a good configuration when on ice. Just asking for a nasty fall/burn/broken ankle… So I sold them on IDO in about a nanosecond and purchased the adjustable aluminum style brackets and mounted the comfortable Otter seat. North Star Aluminum in Roch did this mod which included a beefier plate and 4 gussets. While having aluminum mods is not cheap this improved the stability 100% and will greatly increase the comfort level.

FWIW Kurt

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

can you fit any 5 or 6 gallon buckets under the seats???

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Hmmm… Will have to go confirm. My most common sled load consists of: 20 lb tank, 6 gal bucket (death bucket), 5 gal bucket with styro minnow bucket inside, Croixton rod bag (Otter box was too bulky for my liking), nylon lure bag (holds 4 plano 3600), big buddy heater and a mid sized cooler for sodas and snacks. Graph & auger mounted on ATV.

What I really like about my current set up is the portability and efficiency to edit your load. The design of this bracket is easy on/easy off which allows me to adjust the load when someone new comes along that brings everything but the cleaning table…

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

can we see a pick of the whole setup?? This looks realy cool.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Quote:

can you fit any 5 or 6 gallon buckets under the seats???

Nope, won’t fit 5 nor 6… but again I’m looking to avoid a brain injury versus worrying about compromising uninhibited storage. Different strokes for different anglers I guess….

blufloyd

First thing I do with a shanty is toss the seats and brackets. It doesn’t get better than a dove chair when fishing anywhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.