Dig’em All!

• sikeo22
    SW, Wisconsin

At 51 years old I just drilled my first hole through the ice and I can honestly say that I think I’m hooked! I was looking for something to do during the winter months and prior to retirement I still have some disposable income to gear up. This website has been invaluable for me to gain much needed info and insights on equipment, presentation, locations, safety and much more. I do enjoy the (normally playful) banter amongst members over their passion for certain types of gear. That said, in my first season as a hardwater enthusiast I would like to make a shout out to all of my acquired equipment for working as designed and hopefully keeping me on the fish!
    Strikemaster, HT Enterprises, Marcum, Clam, Frabill, 13 Fishing, Ice Armor, LaCrosse, Ice Force, Custom Jigs and Spins, Rapala, Stren, Sufix and I’m like a kid at Christmas checking my front porch for my Otter Wild Cabin to arrive this week!
    I’ve yet to become totally loyal to any one manufacturer because so far none of them have sent me a paycheck .
    Keep up the amazing stories, hopefully I’ll have some good ones to tell soon, and as you guys say “tight lines!”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Another hard water convert! Welcome to the church of ice fishing where your chapel is mobile.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Quote:

I’ve yet to become totally loyal to any one manufacturer because so far none of them have sent me a paycheck .

Welcome to the VERY addicting sport of ice fishing!

sledgod
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Yup my feelings exactly! 5 years ago I had an Eskimo flipover, a Jiffy auger & a Showdown. Now I have an Otter Lodge flipover, a Strikemaster Solo Pro & an LX-5 flasher (though I still have a Showdown for backup). If your stuck on one brand out of loyalty I think you miss out on what some other manufacturer may offer that may work better for you.

sikeo22
    SW, Wisconsin

Yeah, trying a lot of different brands is the best way I know how to see what feels best; convincing my wife of that was a little trickier…

basseyes

Loyalty to one brand, seems kind of counter productive. Other than some brands do have more of a commitment to quality than others. Ice fishing is very different than open water fishing as far as the tools and logistics. It’s fun to learn all the little tricks and details. Good luck with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.