Slender spoons

• Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I was surprised to find a few slender spoons on the rack and couldn’t leave them behind recently. I am not one that is easily convinced by advertising. I hit a local lake tonight and am very impressed with the product. I only caught 1 very small walleye but I trust the lure will produce. Keep your lines tight!

big_g
    Isle, MN

For those using the CJS slender spoons, have you fished a Northland Buckshot spoon ? What is the difference if any ? I have always had great luck with the Buckshots and am not against upping my catch if possible

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I got both. Just looking at the design I’d say the SS falls “lighter”, more erratic flutter and probably “swims” outward from the hole more. I think they complement each other nicely as far as 2 different spoon presentations.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks Pug Makes sense your not as big of an a**hole as some would make you out to be…

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

For those using the CJS slender spoons, have you fished a Northland Buckshot spoon ? What is the difference if any ? I have always had great luck with the Buckshots and am not against upping my catch if possible

The buckshot drops almost straight to the bottom and doesn’t really do anything other than rattel when jigged. The slender spoon on the other hand will fall much slower and glide way outside of your hole and flickers and flashes when jigged. A really cool tip when fishing a slender spoon is to look down your hole and try to get the hook laying against the spoon when it falls. You can get the spoon to glide a loooong way then when it hits bottom drag it back underneath your hole. A lot of times fish will crush it when it’s being dragged back. Just another tool in the box

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Like stated above the SS falls slowly and erratically (the lighter ones), it can really draw the fish in. I have been teaming the slender spoon with a jiggin rap and this combo has been working well.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

. I have been teaming the slender spoon with a jiggin rap and this combo has been working well.

That is the deadliest combination in perch and walleye fishing! I’ll share a super secret tip for jigging raps: cut the front and back hooks off and up side the treble hook 3 sizes. No more hooking the sides of the hole or pulling the tiny hook out!

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

I will have to try up sizing the bottom hook. I have not cut the front/back hooks off any of mine yet, but I haven’t lost a fish due to getting hooked on the ice in the last two years either. Also I NEVER put bait on my jigging raps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.