Best Electric Auger

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

Which is better a Strike Master or the Ion?

My Dad is looking for an electric Auger he has trouble pulling even the newer Solo because of a shoulder problem so he wants to go electric. He wont drill more than 12 holes a day and not every day. Suggestion?

If there is another post on this let me know please.

Thanks
    Steve

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The ION costs about $100 more than the SM. So if money is no object, everyone will take an ION.

I have SM Lazer electric. 12 holes is no problem on a charge.

-J.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

What about the Ion on thicker Ice? Seems like the auger is a little short but maybe not.

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

Used my ION for the first time this past weekend and I am very pleased.
    Drilled 40+ holes. No problem.
    As far as ice depth, it comes with an extension. If that is not long enough, wait till you can get the boat in the hole.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

SO what are they saying on Battery life? The Ions replacement battery is ~$150…. I think.

gary d
    cordova,il

Anymore I would think about buying the biggest,badest electric drill with 2 batteries and an adapdter for a 6 inch Lazer and go with that. Than you would also have a drill to use all year long. That my next step!!!

kroger3
    blaine mn

Haven’t got to run an ION yet but don’t care for the $150 for a replacment battery. My strikemaster just runs a standard flasher battery which means there cheap and everyone has a charger for them if your in a pinch as well as most gas stations that sell any tackle will sell a battery. Also in an extreme bind you have 1 shot on jump starting your truck with the battery!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.