frontenac

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

i seen some shacks out there fishing today, how is the ice out there.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

cold??….I’m curious as well, I’d like to try that area some time.

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

it looked like there was a permanent shack out there so there must be good ice…..

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

word on the street is plenty of ice out there for foot traffic and stripers being caught not much to speak of for walleye and sauger hope this helps a little

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

thanks gonna give it a try tomorrow afternoon i think

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

good luck let us know how ya do!

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

Ice is about 6″ most places there. I was it from 1-4 this afternoon. We tried several holes from 10-15 fow and marked nothing on the Vex. Talked with a father/son as we left who had marked fish and lost a few minnows in 20 fow. It was cold enough for a shack, but not too bad as we drilled & trolled outside. Let us know how things go tomorrow. I may try to get out then, too. Hopefully, something is biting!

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

I’m going to try to walk out to point no point this weekend. the deeper you fish, the better your off!

starvin pilgrim

I was out Monday, 19′ f.o.w. 8″ of ice. Caught 1 striper. Heading out this afternoon. I’m going to try making my way north. I’ll post when I get back.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Anyone catching any cats?

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

how about the Maiden Rock side–anyone going out from there?? thanks for any info

starvin pilgrim

Just got back and not much good news to report. Eight to ten inches. Marking fish was real spotty at first, but slowly picked up. Only had two light hits, but they were definetly walleye or sauger. Haven’t seen anyone come out of Maiden Rock yet. Some one took the time to mark what I’m guessing is a transition with Pine branches. And yes Brian, I did hear some one did catch a catfish there this past weekend.

nsparby9

Caught a cat on Sunday about 20 ft of water

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

We tried Frontenac this afternoon. Fished about 2 hours, lost three minnows in the first ten minutes, (maybe should have used minnow heads) then showed fish almost steady in the bottom three fow, or drifting through up about 8 feet off the bottom in 21 fow. I am guessing that the bottom dwellers were sauger, and the drifters were silvers, but couldn’t tell for sure. This was the first activity that we have seen in three outings over the past week. Fishermen leaving had seen nothing, or if they did, they couldn’t get them to respond. It sure seems like we are getting closer to some action! Oh, I was out today with my two older kids. (My two sons-in-law.) …..interesting day on the ice!

starvin pilgrim

Was there this afternoon and didn’t even mark anything on the bottom. Did see one thing that made me shake my head. Some idiot drove his car out. Instead of following the shore line he drove out about 75′ and then turned up river and went right over the sand bar. The ice sounded like thunder and even though he was about 100′ away water was bouncing up out of my holes. I don’t know how he made it but he did. I didn’t stick around for his return trip. Still only about 8″ of ice. Worse thing was he had what looked to be about 8 yr. kid with him. I feel sorry for the kid, if he survives this, he’ll probably grow up to be an idiot like his dad.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.