Sunday on White Bear Lake

• johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I went out on White Bear Lake Sunday morning and did ok. I was fishing in about 18-20 FOW using silver/red and green/gold slender spoons tipped with a minnow head – No luck. I switched to a gold buckshot with red hook tipped with a minnow head and that was the ticket. I caught 2 walleye and 8 perch. They were all on the small side, even a tiny walleye with the largest perch being about 10″. It was still lots of fun to finally get on some fish. I would have taken more pictures but my hands were freezing so after the first two fish the phone stayed in my pocket. There were alot of people out, I’m wondering if any were IDOers? I didn’t see any cars on White Bear but there were many vehicles on Bald Eagle and Centerville.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I should also point out, no electronics/shelter/power auger/ice fishing experience… and I still caught fish

The Gods of Angling must have felt kind today

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I didn’t think fish would bite without all that!

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

I didn’t think fish would bite without all that!

Me either! I guess all you need is a line and bait… who knew

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I was out that night for a while and saw a few cars driving around.. I have found a lot of the same success you have.. 14-17 ft for eyes and I also have found the more active crappies to be in the weeds.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Where are you going out from? I went out from the Ramsey Park but when I drive by Bellaire it looks like a small city out there.

DAN J

Small city a couple of weeks ago.Before the lake dropped it used to look like that on the north end.Glad they all stay there. It leaves the rest of the lake to us loaners.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Does Bearz Sports on the corner of 61 and 96 sell minnows? The marathon up the road had a slim selection on Sunday.

Bearz does have bait, pretty good selection of tackle too last time I dropped in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.