LX-5 split screen moving

• whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Hey guys I’ve bought a LX-5 last year and it works amazing. I just have one concern when in zoom mode the bottom red bar sometimes shifts 1/2″ to the right then settles back to the middle every so often and when it does the whole color dial will do the same. Is this common with flashers or is something loose inside my machine?

broman

I think mine does the shifting thing sometimes as well. I tend to notice it more when the battery starts getting low.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

Hey guys I’ve bought a LX-5 last year and it works amazing. I just have one concern when in zoom mode the bottom red bar sometimes shifts 1/2″ to the right then settles back to the middle every so often and when it does the whole color dial will do the same. Is this common with flashers or is something loose inside my machine?

I had the same issue going on with mine at the end of the season two winters ago. I spoke with Marcum and they were familiar with it. I sent it in and they repaired it under warranty.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Had that problem out of the box on my LX-5 a couple years back. It also didn’t work with the zoom when you were on 80 or 160 foot setting (I fish a lot of perch in 50 to 70 FOW so that was a big issue for me). Took forever to get somebody from marcum to get back to me, but once they did, I sent it in and they fixed it. Took a couple weeks and it was good and has worked well since.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I have that problem as well. Happened since new. Thought it was normal.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

thanks guys I’ll keep using it till the end of the season before I send it in I don’t want to wait around for a few weeks to have it fixed when the bites on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.