Marcum VS625SD and VS825SD day light viewing?

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Those of you that own them are they day light viewable? I am reading conflicting reviews of how easy it is to view in daylight. I presently have a CRT type Cabelas (Marcum) camera but it is worthless in the sunlight. I am considering new purchase and dont like to be tied to a house to use a camera.

Are you satisfied with the camera’s sunlight viewing??

Thanks

Benelli Bob

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Not too bad. I have the 625sd and have used it in the flippover, out in the open, and in the boat. It’s more of the angle to the sun. I’ve used mine on bright clear sunny days with no issues

JoeMX1825
    MN

Put it this way, they are as good as it gets in daylight viewing, that said i’m either getting the official marcum sun shade or making one myself for my 625

josh a

I only use mine in the house now because I have a hell of a time seeing the screen when its sunny out. I also have an issue using mine at night, turn the light on and visibility is about 0, it just looks like a screen full of snow. Having said that I know BK has posted several videos that he recorded at night and they look great, not sure what im doing wrong

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I think all or most all of my videos have been taken during daylight. The videos were it’s black and the lights on is in deep water.

Depending on the angle of the sun, glare can be a problem but turning a different direction generally takes care of this for me.

Turning on the light at night should be an awesome experience! What model are you using?

I would call MarCum and have your unit checked out.

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

I have the 825sd and would say it is ok in sunlight if you position yourself correctly. I ordered the sunshade from Marcum.

jlynchminn
    Rochester, MN

Where can you find this sun shade? I was just on the Marcum website and did not see it.

jlynchminn
    Rochester, MN

Thanks. It’s really tough to see anything on my 825c unless I’m in the flip-over. Hopefully the sun shade will help.

jasono00
    cities

it should help alot good luck, and good fishing.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I went and took a look at them I noticed they have shiny reflective screens which would also make them hard to view in bright lite. A few years ago I purchased a laptop computer and ordered it with a matte screen it made a huge improvement in brighter day light viewing. I also was impressed with the V385c.

I think I am going to hold off for now as I already have a camera that works well in a flip over.

Thanks
    Bob

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

I went and took a look at them I noticed they have shiny reflective screens which would also make them hard to view in bright lite. A few years ago I purchased a laptop computer and ordered it with a matte screen it made a huge improvement in brighter day light viewing. I also was impressed with the V385c.

I think I am going to hold off for now as I already have a camera that works well in a flip over.

Thanks
    Bob

Actually I know of a company that will make screen protectors to any size you want and matte is an option this could improve the reflectivity of the screen and minimize reflections that contribute to reading the image on the screen.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I own an 825SD and only have used it in the boat personally to me it is not as good as it is hyped to be in the day time. On bright overcast days it`s not good, nor in direct sunlight. It is better then the 825c but definitely not what I expected.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.