LED lights for your portable house!

• jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

These lights have been out for a while, however take a second look. I was just down at the Ice Show and saw these bright lights displayed in a Otter Thermal house- great light and very simple to set up and use.

http://www.northernbrightlights.com

Running off a of flasher battery, with two simple clips to turn on and off, I think this is a great way to go for lighting without lanterns knocking you in the head, smell and burning the fabric on your house. Impressed with the amount of light that is shed, considering it does not look like much! Great investement, that easily can be wrapped up right into the house when taking down.

Jake

jasono00
    cities

naw i like the clam led lights

My suggestion with this style of light is to uncoil it once in a warm environment, strap it firmly to your trap taking extra care to make sure the connection end is firmly in place and leave them there. If you move the flexible strips and coil and uncoil them, especially when cold, there’s a high failure rate.

When functional, they offer very nice lighting for a trap style fish house.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Mine quit working after the first time out last year. I was messing with it the other night changing fuses and such and couldn’t get it to work. Finally cut the fuse holder off and it worked. Don’t really think I need a fuse for low voltage lights like this.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

I do wish you could have selectable to half or all. It gets quite bright in the otter. I like it just barely bright enough to see a bobber. I think all that brightness spooks the fish.

You can buy dimmers for them, it works great. Check out the iTouch dc dimmer on the interweb. Or, do a search for DC LED dimmer and you’ll find lots of good and relatively cheap options.

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi,
    I make my own LED light strings. Get the LED strings off of EBay (search for “12v LED string white”) >> I use 24 and 48 light LED strings in my flip houses. Get some light speaker wire (to lengthen the supplied wire to what you might need >> I like to connect to a battery sitting inside the tub) and some alligator clips from (say) Radio Shack. Put everything together and you are set. I mount both the 24 and 48 string LED’s together on the top bar and run the wires along that bar to the tub. I use the 24 LED string for background light while I’m sitting and the 48 LED string for daytime (In my Otter Pro) or setting/packing up. I can run for days on a 7A battery!
    You can put a 24 LED string together for less than $6.00 and the longer string for a few dollars more.

Have fun ,
    Roger

baldwin4
    NE IA

Price seems a little steep for one string…quess I would have to see them in use…

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

I use them in my Clam. Lights that place up.

jasono00
    cities

heres my CLAM led lights i added to my house six differnt lights in total.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Do the Clam lights run off a vex battery?

I love lights so I’d swoop on those too.

jasono00
    cities

yes they run off of any 12 volt battery, and the lights come with alligator clips

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.